• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you playing this holiday weekend?

BuddyC

JUST FINISHED
panzerdragonsaga.jpg

NOW STARTING
235900.jpg

BuddyC

AniHawk said:
How was PDS?
Fresh. Different. Short (My run time: 12 hours).

The battle system was enough to keep me playing and most of the dungeons were a lot of fun to dig through. They really did a bang-up job of translating Panzer Dragoon gameplay into an RPG. Not only that, but the story kept me guessing - not in a "OMG WHAT'S GOING ON" sense but rather "Well, where are they gonna take this?"

The ending certainly wasn't what I wasn't entirely what I expected either, which was a surprise. Playing through also helps you grasp the implications of the events in Orta, giving even more value to an already awesome game :D

Oh, and the music kicked ass.

AniHawk

BuddyChrist83 said:
Fresh. Different. Short (My run time: 12 hours).

The battle system was enough to keep me playing and most of the dungeons were a lot of fun to dig through. They really did a bang-up job of translating Panzer Dragoon gameplay into an RPG. Not only that, but the story kept me guessing - not in a "OMG WHAT'S GOING ON" sense but rather "Well, where are they gonna take this?"

The ending certainly wasn't what I wasn't entirely what I expected either, which was a surprise. Playing through also helps you grasp exactly the implications of the events in Orta, giving even more value to an already awesome game :D

Oh, and the music kicked ass.

Worth the price of admission?

BuddyC

AniHawk said:
Worth the price of admission?
I'm sure a lot of folk can't fathom paying that much for a such a short game, but I don't really mind - I've paid full price for numerous titles that I enjoyed far, far less. This wasn't a blind buy either, I made sure that the game was well worth my $110 long before I decided to purchase it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My cousin is getting married this weekend, so I'll be busy with that, but if I get time:

Tenchu Kurenai
KOF Maximum Impact
SF3: Third Strike
World Of Warcraft

And possibly Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires if I decide to purchase it. Need to get rid of Tales Of Symphonia anyway; it's not for me.

Yeah, I love Panzer Saga, easily one of my favorite games of all time, and the only reason why I have not been able to sell my Saturn.

Mind you, I really don't enjoy RPGs.... I like them in concept, but I eventually grow tired of them, and am also not all that great at them as well. Hence why I enjoyed the short length of the game.

Also, I find 99.99% of all battle systems totally boring, but it's totally not in Saga. I actuallly welcomed random encounters, and the boss battles had the right mix of straregy and twitch action. It's so good I'm shocked that others don't rip off the engine, and if they did, I'd actually play it.

The graphics are really good for the Saturn and I still treasure my copy of the soundtrack.

BTW, this weekend I'm gonna crack open Mario Sunshine again, and play some Rez.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Viewtiful Joe
Disgaea
Wild ARMs 3
Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2

I also have to pick up the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

I picked up 2 very cheap games the other day and so far I've been very surprised by both,theyre actually quite fun games.

I'm going to stick with them over the weekend. Those being Malice and BattleStar Galactica.

explodet

Street Fighter III: Third Strike - Trying to get used to the minute differences between it and the Dreamcast version. A nice mix of the Shotoscrubs, Q, Makoto, Alex and Dudley.

Nightshade - Picked it up cheap, I still have no ninja skills. Managed to bumble my way to the 11th stage, however. I REALLY want to try playing as Joe, so I will keep playing.

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - I no longer totally suck ass at the Undead, Humans give me a bit of trouble, however.

Advance Wars 2 - After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back in the War Room, I have 2 more maps to unlock. Risky Vale is HARD.

Pikmin 2 - Just got it cheap at Future Shop (CAD$50), going to dive into it when I have the time.

Front Mission 4 - Currently on my backlog, but a friend is playing it and it looks sweet.

Soul4ger

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, I suppose. If I have time between my crazy studying, OH YEAH I'M DOING SCHOOL WORK!

explodet said:
Pikmin 2 - Just got it cheap at Future Shop (CAD$50), going to dive into it when I have the time.

Is this an instore thing? Will have to pick it up tomorrow if so.

Right now, I'm playing ToS some more (26 hours in).

explodet

Gorgie said:
Is this an instore thing? Will have to pick it up tomorrow if so.
Yeah, instore - check out their flyer on the website, not the price on the online store. It's a special that ends tomorrow, though.

Taking my lady fair to the zoo will occupy most of my saturday. Tonight will probably involve Sky Odyssey and Ico with friends.

Any time I have to myself will be spent trying to finish Astro Boy, Disaster Report, and Front Mission 4- unless Sqaure has sent me my copy of Star Ocean 3.

Military Madness (TG-16) - level 22 (Arbine)
Fire Emblem - chapter 21 on hard mode
Axis & Allies (PC) - it's a real POS, network games almost always die 3 or 4 times so we have to save after every turn
Quake 3
Tennis (at 6:00)

And I just ordered Kohan: Ahriman's Gift off Amazon (fuckin' MAF...).

You'll love it tho, its so good. Make sure to get the latest patch. Once i get back to WA ill be able to play it online again, ill be up for it.

Socreges

Banned
Pikmin 2 - Mmmm, wonderful game. Might try multi-player today.

Fire Emblem - Mission 26 right now.

Winning Eleven 8 - Master League, 6-star.

LukeSmith

Zone of Enders: The Second Runner So late on this game and it's great.

Madden 2005 Online cheese is sending me offline.

Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Love it.

Pikmin the first one, I need to justify buying the second one somehow.

Ranger X

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow

and i should force myself to finish MGS2 soon or else i'll be playing the third!!

Dyne

explodet said:
Yeah, instore - check out their flyer on the website, not the price on the online store. It's a special that ends tomorrow, though.

Damnit! I bought it at EB even before I went to Future shop. If I had held out yesterday I would've saved ten bucks. :(!!!!

But Pikmin 2 is awesome! :D Still playing it like crazy, but taking a break now, because some cave levels are hard.

Headed for Vegas in a couple of hours. I'll probably play some LoZ: Oracle of Seasons on the drive down. Packed my PS2 and SFAC for some late night drunken gaming after we've lost all of our money gambling.

Top Bottom