• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you playing this holiday weekend?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
kingdomhearts.jpg

Kingdom Hearts

Gonna finish it so I can move onto KOTOR. Been playing a few hours every day. It can be kind of frustrating. Sometimes you're given very obvious clues about what to do next, and another time you have absolutely no idea where to go and what to do. And the camera/platforming parts are a bit rough. Also, it feels limited in battle when you have to bring up a menu to choose different magics while in the middle of a fight. Yes, I know you can use shortcuts, but I could really use a LOT more than three. :/

And I think I've died at least once against 75 % of the bosses in the game so far. Quite a few times because of the view/controls. I got stuck on that friggin' Ursula boss for at least an 1 hour, got really pissed! Well, I'm in Halloween town now, been looking forward to seeing it the entire game. The most interesting world so far though, is the 100 Acres Forest. Always brings a smile to my face, the atmosphere is really nice. :)

Pikmin 2 - Awesome game. I just found the yellow Pikmin in 1 player mode. Multiplayer is incredibly fun too.

Hopefully I can get some friends to play Zelda 4 Swords with me. I still haven't finished it since it's so hard to get some gamers to sit down and play this with their hectic collage schedules.

Flynn

I'm ashamed to admit: Pokemon: Leaf Green

I haven't touched a Pokemon game in years. My compulsion to play the game is driven by my inability to believe how little it's changed. I keep turning corners expecting to find something new, but there just isn't! Astounding.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i've been trying to one credit clear chippoke ralph no daibouken on psx. can't articulate how great this game is. i mean, it's an action platformer with dead-on gameplay, pitched somewhere between mario and castlevania. and it has phenomenal level design, with a sense of drama and scale that games rarely achieve. but beyond that, it's sufficiently balanced and streamlined that you can play it for score. i'm in love. you all need to play it.

a couple really good reviews of the game:

http://users.pandora.be/twin-dreams/PSone/Chippoke_Ralph.html

http://home.netvigator.com/~tarot/Games/Ralph01.html

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Burnout 2 - I just picked it up for $10 after not "getting around to it" for about two years. Hopefully I'll be picking up the sequel shortly after release.

Viewtiful Joe - Renting it for the weekend. Pretty good so far.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - Because Half-Life 2 still isn't out yet. :-\

Ronin

Disgaea and Street Fighter Anniversary collection. I might pick up Phantom Brave, Pikmin 2, or Star Ocean tomorrow.

RiZ III

Recently I finished Onimusha 3. Such an awsome game. I checked later that night on gamefaqs for extras and realized that I didnt get the "true" ending. So next day i go start up my ps2. Hey what do u know, it refuses to read any disc. Fucking sony.

suikodan

Playing:

NHL 2K5 - When it doesn't freeze right in my face
Pikmin 2 - Bought with along with the GAF hype. Don't regret it but I am still waiting for GOTY material.

Zelda 1 - That second quest is tearing me apart.

Will play this week:
Burnout 3
Pokémon Red

Dilbert

Unreal Tournament 2004 -- can't stop playing this game, because it rocks!

Halo -- still working my way through the PC version, believe it or not. I just finished The Library, and it sucked as advertised.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor -- AWESOME game, but I'm stuck at 5-4 right now.

I might fire up the PS2 this weekend and try out Viewtiful Joe or Ace Combat 04.

Tonight I'm headed off to a friends house to play soem Halo and SOCOM II with some friends...Then I'm headed back here for Pikmin 2 and SRS.

Oh and how could I forgot...I'm addicted to Counter-Strike: Source, despite the sucky update.

Top Bottom