• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmon 40 views and no thoughts?

this is my favorite picture of me ever!!! this took some serious atkins to get to this point...

just want your criticism/compliments on it... i personally love the shot and never think ill have a better shot of me in terms of looking "good"... i have plenty of bad shots, but i like this one tons.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Nice model, good lighting, but I see jaggies, and how's the framerate?

do you want comments on you? or the picture quality. Picture wise, its pretty good. A little harsh. I'd burn in that hot spot on the face a little bit. I wish the hands were showing somehow. maybe if the hands were higher. Hands tell alot about a person. I'f i were to take the picture again, id crop the same but get the hands into the shot, and expose maybe 1/2 stop down. Other than that, a really nice picture with lots of potential

well, to me if his hands were clenched or opened, it'd tell me more about the picture, thats just me. i THINK the hands could tell me more than shop class or not

SKluck

Banned
He's ugly, but the lighting is fine. Whether it is too dark or not is opinion, not right or wrong. I say the lighting is perfect.

Oh shit that's you, um, well, it's too dark to make out any facial features... yeah....

EmSeta said:
He has one of them crazy-ass super straight access to the penis-veins, just like me!

hahahah,

yes my veins on my entire body now pop out.. i'd make a great heroin junky.. when my body fat got to 10% and below, and being on atkins and being dehydrated... my veins really fucking show.. everywhere... its actually kinda ugly in some regards..

i cant do anything about being ugly if you think that, but that kind of shot we had about 20-30 shots/variations of... that one is what ended up getting printed..

unfortunately you are right, not much is showing, not enough, but i guess maybe that makes it more "artistic".. overall i really liked the shot, its hard to figure out whats going to get blown out and what isnt when you are dealing with that type of lighting..

luvaboi217 said:
do you want comments on you? or the picture quality. Picture wise, its pretty good. A little harsh. I'd burn in that hot spot on the face a little bit. I wish the hands were showing somehow. maybe if the hands were higher. Hands tell alot about a person. I'f i were to take the picture again, id crop the same but get the hands into the shot, and expose maybe 1/2 stop down. Other than that, a really nice picture with lots of potential

mainly the picture, and yes what people thought about the definition and what not..

that was one of 4 pictures out of like 100 that we went with... it was important to pick the right ones, as all the comp cards are being printed with those pics...

i wanted this one, was over-ruled... i still think its the best shot.

Ill Saint

Blunt and honest.

Nothing special at all. Personally, I don't think the lighting works. The composition is not so hot either. Artistically, I wouldn't say it has any value. It's too literal, even with the lack of definition.

That said, keep going, play more with lighting from different angles and at different intensities.

Ill Saint said:
Blunt and honest.

Nothing special at all. Personally, I don't think the lighting works. The composition is not so hot either. Artistically, I wouldn't say it has any value. It's too literal, even with the lack of definition.

That said, keep going, play more with lighting from different angles and at different intensities.

too late, this was from last week...

you dont think it makes the model look good though?

Ill Saint said:
If you are presenting a model, you want to see his features, face, body...

yah thats why i was overruled.. front was a full on face shot, back was a smile shot and a full body fully clothed shot.. this one is good because it gives a different look and is somewhat sexy, but i guess not enough face showing.

nah, this one took enough bashing!

i liked the other shots, but this one I loved, so i wanted to get some feedback and hopefully good comments, but unfortunately it was mostly negative... oh well!

the new pics have been working though; i had my hair long for like 3-4 months, no jobs at all. notta one... (I am in chicago though, conservative market in terms of modeling)..

haircut 1.5 weeks ago, did the armani exchange show thursday, should be doing something else next week, so hopefully this continues...

Oh you're jaorobot?! (Just noticed it in the image URL)... I remember your pictures with your girlfriend from a very long time ago and I always thought you were hot (and much better looking than her), in fact I still have your old photos in my GA dedicated folder. I also remember that you were hoping and looking forward to start modelling.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Depending on what youre going for, you could do alot of things to improve this picture.

If youre shooting a model/stock, less shadows would be good. The image quality itself is fine, just needs to be lighter.

If youre shooting for artistic purposes then you need.
A. more stuff! - This is good for context and supplying a dialog between the figure and background. You can do this by putting the figure in a place with objects that can clue the viewer in as to what he/she is about.

B. Pose! - this is also very important because pose creates the narrative, it turns a mug shot into a portrait. Here is a perfect example of what i mean.

5-Cardinale%20Bentivoglio%20(Firenze).800x600.jpg

Notice his hands gently holding the letter, and lifting his head as if to stop reading the letter. imagine if this picture was simply him just looking straight not doing anything? Which would make the more interesting image? If you want to be a better photographer, look at painting AND photography. Youd really be suprised at how they tie together.

EDIT: oh you just wanted to know if you looked good in it, i guess so....we cant see any features so of course its gonna look great, you cant see any of the fuckups.

snaildog

Are you leaning back at all? It looks like you're starting to do the pelvic thrust. The angle of your head looks pretty cool though.

adelgary said:
Oh you're jaorobot?! (Just noticed it in the image URL)... I remember your pictures with your girlfriend from a very long time ago and I always thought you were hot (and much better looking than her), in fact I still have your old photos in my GA dedicated folder. I also remember that you were hoping and looking forward to start modelling.

its funny you mention that.. me and that girl broke up and i am dating a much much prettier girl now..

the modeling thing back then went real slow, and then my dad got cancer, only recently did it start picking up again and hopefully i'll be in something national soon that i could tell everyone on the board to look for... wouldnt be anything big... but still, it would be big enough for me at this point.

It’s too dark on the right side of the body. If the darkness was contained to only the lower half of the body, it would work. Right now, you can’t really see the face or the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom