• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 will be about?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Do you think the plot will follow what was shown in the trailer?

What are your ideas as to what can happen?

Will Zelda be playable? Is there a sorcerer involved like in ALttP or Twilight Princess, or even Skyward Sword? Who caused the disturbance and spell (?) deep underground in the (Royal Family's [???]) catacombs beneath Hyrule? What was even taking place to that corpse beneath the surface?

So many questions and possibilities as to what this game might be about. I have even thought that maybe Link will be taken to a parallel world somehow, just as we have seen in Majora's Mask's Termina. How it can happen, I am not sure how they would go about it. But I would love to see a homage paid to MM in any way

I am really curious about the culprit though, who was the one who ensured Ganondorf had a chance by making use of that peculiar curse/spell?

Airbus Jr

Banned
What BoTW2 is about ? On Era there will be talks about how the game is about racism

That they believe Ganondorf as the green victim and link and zelda are evil white people, that the game plot is too predictable...

They demanded an interracial marriage betwen Ganon and Zelda as a solution and proper ending...all goes according to plan until the last minute when Zelda revealed her trueself as a trans....

Ganon..surprised..confused...and angry...denied her...the Era community then deemed Ganon as Transphobic...and banished him into another dimention with the Portal Gun...

They intend to send Ganon to Oblivion to help Mehrune Dagon conquer Tamriel and alter the story in The Elder Scroll IV Oblivion but somehow Ganon ended up at Angry Joe house.. they become a good friend and partner...

Together Joe and Ganon joined forces to fight their common enemy...the malicious duo of Ellie and Abby...

Thus result in a whole new game.. Breath of The Wild 2 : The Adventure of Ganon & Joe and the Evil Wicked Sorcerer Ellie and Abby...

Last edited:

cireza

Visiting copy-pasted shrines and picking up poop in a the same world as in the first game. Because why even bother ? People will buy it anyway.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
- Explain the Zonai

- More lore on Din, Nayru (sp?), and Farore

- Possible twist involved

- More lore on the origins of Hyrule and the Triforce

- Possible link to space - just lookit all the constellation like imagery with the sheikah symbology

- and finally dungeons, underwater, vehicles, magic, more technology, darker tone/world, more music, more upgrades and customization, and more tools and abilities

I want more of whatever this all is.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Do you think the plot will follow what was shown in the trailer?

What are your ideas as to what can happen?

Will Zelda be playable? Is there a sorcerer involved like in ALttP or Twilight Princess, or even Skyward Sword? Who caused the disturbance and spell (?) deep underground in the (Royal Family's [???]) catacombs beneath Hyrule? What was even taking place to that corpse beneath the surface?

So many questions and possibilities as to what this game might be about. I have even thought that maybe Link will be taken to a parallel world somehow, just as we have seen in Majora's Mask's Termina. How it can happen, I am not sure how they would go about it. But I would love to see a homage paid to MM in any way

I am really curious about the culprit though, who was the one who ensured Ganondorf had a chance by making use of that peculiar curse/spell?

Its about Ganon coming back to life and a young elve who kills him

-

I hope we get some real dungeons and less copy & paste content

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oh I wonder if this one will somehow focus on Link. Like why he's left/right handed, the green thing, the courage, the ties to Farore, etc.

Faron has tons of monuments to the Gods. Most of them are for courage/wisdom as most are dragons and owls respectively. There is only one statue for Power (the boar, Ganon) in that area and I wonder what that's about.

I'm curious why the ancient story art has such strange looking representations for the princess and the knight.

I also hope/expect we get major transformations all over Hyrule. It'll be "the same Hyrule", but drastically altered.

Then hopefully we also get like portals or other realms involved as well. Hyrule's very look should be different too. Like I'd take red skies or red grass or whatever, at least periodically. And that's excluding the actual changes in topography I expect to see again. Earthquakes, ground rising and lowering, stuff floating in the sky, you name it.

And dungeons. Large dungeons that sprawl the map and have different entrances and exits PLEASE!!

Last edited:
I’m thinking Twist ending with Zelda being the “Phantom Menace” of the plot. She’s pulling all the strings to get Link to eliminate everyone standing in her way to claim Hyrule all for her self. Then at the end she “Jon Snows” him with a knife through the heart. Diabolical....😄
giphy.gif

Ganon is resurrected. As Calamity Ganon he secretly created a weapon and buried it deep within Hyrule Castle. The purpose of this was to keep his soul bound to earth in the event of his death (kinda like a Horcrux). Once he comes back alive he of course isn't quite back to full strength and is still imprisoned within his underground tomb which has many spells protecting it. He threatens to break free, regain his former power, and use this weapon to destroy all of Hyrule so he can rebuild it and rule over it as his own.

You will be able to play as Zelda. Not all the time though. Most of the game you will play as Link. Zelda is only playable within dungeons and you can switch between Link + Zelda at any time. Think of it kinda like how switching between characters in GTA V works. This will be required to solve puzzles.

The entire map now has explorable underground areas which were created by Ganon in his attempt to break free. The shrines + divine beasts won't return but we now need to clear underground caves/tombs (to replace shrines) and large dungeons (to replace divine beasts).

Most of the gameplay will be based underground but we'll still be able to explore above ground. The overground map won't be a copy and paste of BOTW because after Ganon's defeat in BOTW Hyrule started to recover and prosper once again. There will be more towns to visit and they pretty much replace stables. Well, stables still exist but instead of being just a stable they will be a part of a town.

Areas that had fallen into ruin will be either repaired and inhabited, which of course allows more towns to be possible, or they will be completely wiped.

All the towers will be gone too. The entire overground map will be visible from the start of the game. To replace towers are entrances to the underground caves/tunnels. The depth of these are similar to the height of a tower. Early ones you can simply climb down but later game ones have more challenges similar to how towers worked. Each entrance will have enemy camps above ground and/or as you climb down. You could simply just climb down and go exploring but if you activate the portal at the bottom it will reveal some of the underground paths.

Weapon durability is out. There is still a huge variety of weapons in game but they will drop less frequently. Defeating enemies you can use their weapons but most of the weapons lying around are gone. You will be able to upgrade the weapons so if you pick up a sword at the start of the game you can strengthen it and use it until the very end.

Rune skills will still exist but won't be the same except bombs of course. The new ones will be Flame, Wind, Construct, and Slowdown. The will work kind of similar to the originals. Instead of stopping time on an object you will just slow it down. You can still hit it to make it go flying but since the object will keep moving (if it was originally) you need to take that into account. It will make it more challenging and you'll need a better judgement of physics.

Flame is kinda obvious. It will melt stuff or evaporate water. Opposite of the freeze skill. This is more challenging too because you'll need to judge how much too melt an object. You don't melt the entire thing ... It could be just half of it or a quarter. When evaporating you need to move quick because the water might come back when the time runs out.

Wind replaced magnetism. Use wind to move stuff. Again it will add more difficulty simply because you will need more fine control and handling to manipulate objects.

Construct is an all new skill and exclusive to Zelda therefore only available in dungeons. It will not only Construct but deconstruct objects. Very simple. Objects will cease to exist for some time but you will also need to reconstruct to solve some puzzles.

That's it for skills but the new major gameplay feature will be time. A lot of things in the game will be time sensitive. Again let me remind you of the plot... Ganon is resurrected and is regaining strength and threatens to destroy Hyrule. You will only have a certain time limit in which to stop him. The game won't be short by any means and time passage will feel more realistic but won't be exact. From start to credits only about 7 days will have passed and the game will be roughly 60-70 hours. So about for about 1 hour of real time spent playing the game about 2.5-3 hours will pass in game.

When playing you will feel some pressure and a race against the clock but ultimately you will be fine. If you don't progress the story quick enough then it will be game over. If you think this won't allow exploration then don't worry because as you clear dungeons (i.e Divine Beasts) it sets Ganon back and slows him down.

Again, as long as you clear dungeons in time you will have more than enough time to explore the entire map above and underground. The game will be properly paced. Once you defeat Ganon it won't send you back to before you kill him. You will have saved the world and be able to explore with complete freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can make a sequel to BOTW1 and not Majora's Mask, eh?

And no, Twilight Princess isn't a Majora's Mask sequel.

Last edited:
It is a sequel to BOTW. Did you not watch the trailer?

1200px-StBotW_English_Logo.png

It might have elements inspired by previous games but largely feels and plays like BOTW.
He's saying they'll make a BotW sequel but he wants a Majora's Mask sequel.

I beat MM again last night and no, it REALLY doesn't need a sequel we don't need to know what happened next.

BotW didn't need a sequel but it depends how they handle it considering MM is an OoT sequel.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It looks to be about whatever ancient race left behind the shrines. I would bet money it involves time travel, so we can see the world as it existed 100 years prior to Breath.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Flat out saving Zelda, link's 8 million dollar wallet, facing ganon in the end, giving the player dialog choice, open world again, the next Zelda will be associated with Breath of the Wild more than any other Zelda.

It is a sequel to BOTW. Did you not watch the trailer?

1200px-StBotW_English_Logo.png

It might have elements inspired by previous games but largely feels and plays like BOTW.
No I know it is but I always wondered why we didn't get a sequel to Majora's Mask but we did for BOTW. Probably because it's such a big game.

Would like some twist in the formula, like an inverse of botw; almost all there is are caves/dungeons......a whole underground well crafted maze

ExpandKong

Banned
Zelda will be playable, but only at campsites - she's the one who handles all the cooking/potion making. Also Ganon curses her feet, so she has to do it all without shoes.

Did the socially sensitive folks ever catch on to the fact that the overall plot of Breath of the Wild was that Zelda was trying to be something other than the "sage princess" by pursuing this researcher/archaeologist path and it ended up fucking destroying the kingdom? I always thought that was hilarious.

I'm betting this time around a buff fairy will kill Link with a club and Zelda will train with Impa and seek revenge with crystal swords.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think less people are concerned about the content of the plot, and more about whether there is a plot, outside of flashbacks, NPC dialogue, and cool level design touches like the fields full of dead Guardians.

What BotW had going on was great for BotW. That said, and I don't know if I'm asking the impossible here, I would like the (sometimes) epic, driving story of previous Zeldas combined with the freedom of BotW.

kunonabi

Hard to say since the last game was mostly about nothing despite a lot of great setups for character arcs and thematic elements. I do expect a co-op game though.

Raikugen

Neo Member
Breath of the wild was such a monumental step in the right direction for the series. I'd like to see dungeons expanded on, and more varieties of enemies to make combat more interesting, but it's nice to have an actual challenging Zelda game again.

Top Bottom