• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ever happened to...Fuzion Frenzy 2?

BuddyC

Originally announced on February 25th, this title was supposed to launch "sometime in the second half of 2004" according to IGN. Yet it was a no-show at E3 and doesn't even show up on Gamestop.com anymore. I know a good chunk of you don't care, even less so with Halo 2 already out, but a few people I know were actually looking forward to it.

What happened?

edit: You know, upon further inspection, I realize that IGN's info for the game lists it as "cancelled." So does anyone know when, and from the myraid of options available, exactly why it was canned?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It was canned because it never existed in the first place. Where IGN pulled that story from is beyond anyone. Even Oxy said it himself that there was no sequel planned -- no code even exists.

Renegade

Banned
Microsoft should have made a huge Tribes-like shooter with a lot of game modes instead of Fuzion Frenzy. I'm hoping this is what they have their other teams working on instead.

Sean

Banned
Not making a Fuzion Frenzy 2 is a stupid move IMO, unless they are planning on making it an Xbox 2 launch game or something... I mean just look at the sales!

XBX FUZION FRENZY 530,541

It is one of the top selling titles from Microsoft Game Studios. Other games that have sold less got sequels (Blinx, Rallisport Challenge), why can't Fuzion Frenzy get a sequel too?

You forget the launch title bonus. No way this title could have sold that much if it were releases one year after the system.

Rlan

Heh, some time ago [6 months after launch] Commonwealth Bank in Australia had some form you could download that WOULD get you a free copy of Fuzion Frenzy. You didn't even need to be a commonwealth bank customer.

I got 5 :)

Renegade

Banned
Sean said:
Not making a Fuzion Frenzy 2 is a stupid move IMO, unless they are planning on making it an Xbox 2 launch game or something... I mean just look at the sales!

XBX FUZION FRENZY 530,541

It is one of the top selling titles from Microsoft Game Studios. Other games that have sold less got sequels (Blinx, Rallisport Challenge), why can't Fuzion Frenzy get a sequel too?
Project Gotham Racer was a game on launch that did about 2 times as well as Fusion Frenzy but when it's sequel rolled around, however, it did about only half as well as fusion Frenzy. Though I do agree that Microsoft should make a new FF, but they should make it to get profit, not just break even.

The FF team has been dissolved though, from what I understand.

Lol, I remember playing the demo a lot back in december 2001...was it on PGR or Halo disc? or both? Anyway, great game to play with drunken buddies... the "jump&duck" and that "roller ball" were our favorites. =)

Alpha is dead wrong - Fuzion Frenzy 2 DID exist. I playtested it (3 or 4 different mini-games for 20 minutes or so apiece) at Microsoft over 2 years ago, and it was horrible.

Hooker

I hope they never make it, piece of shit game! I played it again yesterday with my uncle and nephew, and it was just plain boring. 3 nice games in between the god-aweful collect orbs and dump them in the deposit. Especially when playing with a CPU, cheating cunt!

The most un-fun party game EVER! One thing that is good is that it moves fast, while Mario Party may be slow at times due to the whole board you have to finish.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
bobbyconover said:
Alpha is dead wrong - Fuzion Frenzy 2 DID exist. I playtested it (3 or 4 different mini-games for 20 minutes or so apiece) at Microsoft over 2 years ago, and it was horrible.

I was told by several people that the only thing that ever existed from Fuzion Frenzy 2 was the concept art. The game never got far enough to have a playable build, let alone a playable build for focus groups.

Please don't lie next time.

DopeyFish said:
I was told by several people that the only thing that ever existed from Fuzion Frenzy 2 was the concept art. The game never got far enough to have a playable build, let alone a playable build for focus groups.

Please don't lie next time.

Um, why would Bobby pretend to play a game if he hadn't? That would be kind of stupid, don't you think? Since, unlike most of the board, Bobby isn't an asshole, I'm inclined to trust him in this matter. :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
JackFrost2012 said:
Um, why would Bobby pretend to play a game if he hadn't? That would be kind of stupid, don't you think? Since, unlike most of the board, Bobby isn't an asshole, I'm inclined to trust him in this matter. :p

I'm not.

Fuzion frenzy was great Only because of One game in the game, and thats the one where you drive around and some lazer line follows you and gets longer and longer and u have to avoid hitting urs and other peoples. Multiplayer in that was funny as hell and fun with friends. If they could put that shit online, id buy it just for that mini game.

other than that, didnt really care for fuzion frenzy. I wonder if i can buy the game now for cheap because my friends and I would just rent it every now and then to play that one mini game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fuzion Frenzy was the first game me and my girl played together, so it will always get a thumbs up from me, lol. I could see a part 2 coming out. They would HAVE to increase the quality of the games. Most of the games were crap, with a few good ones thrown in. I would think making this type of game is pretty cheap, so sales in the 300k range might make it profitable.

dskillzhtown said:
I would think making this type of game is pretty cheap, so sales in the 300k range might make it profitable.
I dont think even that kind of sales are needed....maybe around 50k (at full price) for a small budget game like Fusion Frenzy. I remember one Capcom interview from couple year ago where they said "we can bring any game to Dreamcast if we get 50k pre-orders". Heh.

element

bobbyconover said:
You played a VERY early prototype, that was very quickly cancelled. But in general Fuzion Frenzy 2 didn't exist, because it didn't make it out of full prototype.

IGN jumped on the story after Fuzion Frenzy 2 when it was accidentally listed on Gamestop.com, making people think the game actually existed.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
element said:
You played a VERY early prototype, that was very quickly cancelled. But in general Fuzion Frenzy 2 didn't exist, because it didn't make it out of full prototype.

IGN jumped on the story after Fuzion Frenzy 2 when it was accidentally listed on Gamestop.com, making people think the game actually existed.

Here he comes to save the day. I'm not dead wrong as you can see -- I was saying what I heard.

Top Bottom