• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what ever happened to the SD adaptor Memcard for GC?

Buying a couple of these babies for my digital camera ... and then I remembered the SD GC card that they were going to release. What happened? Is it still coming out.

That's all

Deg

Banned
Dont bother. Games have to be SD compatible. Although maybe a 3rd party could find a way...

They sold it online in Japan, and it only worked with Animal Crossing e+ (you could trade pictures with it or something like that).

Mau_Mau

Banned
Another product Nintendo half-assed toyed with because it realized how paltry its original Memory Card 59 was. I hope they get a brain next gen when it comes to memory cards.

aoi tsuki

When info on the adapter was originally released, i was excited, until i realized that if SD cards functioned exactly as memory cards, Nintendo would risk cannibalizing their own memory card sales. i don't feel like looking up the specs of GC cards, but SD cards, even the small 32MB cards, held several times more data at merely twice (possibly less now) the price. Profit margins are high on accessories, and Nintendo would've been foolish to allow the adapter to function like this.

What ever happened to it? Oh yeah, it was released.

...in Japan only

...and it only works with the current revision of Animal Crossing

...it's used to store screenshots you can now take in the game

So yeah, pretty much worthless.

Top Bottom