• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

wOs

Cult of the Lamb. Loving it. Just wish I could turn it off when I want to. Instead I finds myself playing at least a half hour extra every time because I really don't wasn't to stop.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yakuza 5. It's the 7th game I play from this series and I still can't get enough.

So far (like 6 hours in) I'm loving it. Combat is fine, much better than 3's and 4's, and I'm really liking all the sidecontent, like lots of sidequets having you play some minigame.

GametimeUK

Tomb Raider 2013 is an unexpected amazing Steam Deck title for me. Very pick up and play with great pacing. It looks incredible on the Deck due to its small screen. I think normal graphics settings and 60fps gives me a very good mix of visuals and battery life on this one. I highly recommend for Deck owners (using proton experimental).

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Mass Effect Legendary Edition was 50% off on the Playstation Store so I caved in.

My 3 walkthroughs of Mass Effect 1 are enough behind me that I didn't mind restarting again.
I'm almost done, need to face Saren for the final showdown and it was shorter than I expected!
Did most of the sidequests, the Mako driving wasn't as tedious as anticipated; there's a "boost" feature on the Mako? Can't remember if I ever used it on my 1st run...
Inventory management still a mess but didn't mind. Sacrificed Kaiden Alenko like all my previous playthroughs :messenger_grinning:

Finishing tonight then on to the 2nd one!

SSfox

Genshin 3.0 in few hours Habibi

AptWideeyedAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

GeekyDad

PC:
Farthest Frontier
Anno 1800

Switch:
Cult of the Lamb
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (stuck on a boss toward the end of the game..boo)

Cult of the Lamb. Loving it. Just wish I could turn it off when I want to. Instead I finds myself playing at least a half hour extra every time because I really don't wasn't to stop.
Not familiar with that one. What's that all about?

drganon

Beat ch6 of xenoblade chronicles 3, still really enjoying it. Also playing cyberpunk. Doing more of the main story stuff after spending awhile Doing side story stuff. Lastly, I tried out the turok remaster on switch. The modern controls make it decent, but the level design is kind of confusing. Wish it was a but more linear.

Crayon

Started over in Elden Ring, trying out easy mode with an astrologer build. Zapped Margit on the first try. 👍

Hating/Loving my way through Returnal as well. At times I think it’s among the best 3D action games I’ve ever played. And at times I think it’s among the worst games I’ve played. But without using the save trick I would never recommend it to anymone.

Hey you are going back to returnal. Nice. I find it super hard, too. I just tell myself at least it doesn't take quarters.

lachesis

About halfway in Gravity Rush 2.
It's a shame that they didn't add 60fps support for this game. It would have been wonderful.
However the fps is solid enough, it's not too bothersome. The visuals in this game is quite top notch. I love cell shaded games because they age so well.
Finally reached the Hekesville (or whatever it's called) - the original town from Gravity Rush 1. The old bgm and all with enhanced detail brings the memory.
(Even that the bratty kid and his father is back. lol)

Currently in the processing of collecting gems for power ups.
It's really a shame that this game could have been so much more. While the whole floating around part is fine and dandy - it has all this beautiful environment you can walk around and all, but there's literally zero things to do (other than challenge games). Looks like some Talisman crafting thing is coming up, so will see how it diversifies the gameplay.

Other than that - Finally got my Steam deck purchase notice on Monday. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend or next week.
(Been setting up games that I want to put in - oh so many games, so little time. ;))

Jebron

Just finished Demon's Souls after playing Eldern Ring. No idea what to play now... nothing of interest in my backlog currently. Desperately need a defensively focused action RPG, considered Dragon's Dogma but the combat seems too much like Monster Hunter.

Fess

Hey you are going back to returnal. Nice. I find it super hard, too. I just tell myself at least it doesn't take quarters.
Lol yeah 😅 Good reminder tbh, things has no doubt been worse in the past, there were games literally made to steal your money.
But they weren’t as long as Returnal.

I hope some Housemarque dev are lurking here and read my complaints, maybe they’ll make a similar game next time but with some structure tweaks.

I don’t exaggerate when I say Returnal without the punishing restarts and with save rooms (unlimited saves) and more enemy variety per level would be the closest the industry has been to a proper 3D Metroid. There is so much to love about this game if you break it down to the gameplay mechanics. I don’t think anything in the actual gameplay needs fixing.

Crayon

Lol yeah 😅 Good reminder tbh, things has no doubt been worse in the past, there were games literally made to steal your money.
But they weren’t as long as Returnal.

I hope some Housemarque dev are lurking here and read my complaints, maybe they’ll make a similar game next time but with some structure tweaks.

I don’t exaggerate when I say Returnal without the punishing restarts and with save rooms (unlimited saves) and more enemy variety per level would be the closest the industry has been to a proper 3D Metroid. There is so much to love about this game if you break it down to the gameplay mechanics. I don’t think anything in the actual gameplay needs fixing.

I would also like a restructured returnal. When I play it I am constantly thinking "Metroid for grownups". There's no way they didn't consider it, and I imagine they went the way they did for a good reason. Possibly development resources would be strained with a Metroid type game. Or maybe they are just super focused on replayability.

Naked Lunch

My neighbor was throwing away a perfectly working smaller CRT - I asked if I could have it.
The small size allows it to flip easily to its side. Now I (finally!) have a pristine TATE retro shmup station.

So Ive been playing Sega Saturn Batsugun, Strikers 1945 II, and DoDonPachi in TATE mode.
These play like entirely different games in TATE and is how they are meant to be played. Just beautiful stuff.

Next up, trying my Dreamcast and PS2 shmups in TATE.
This is pure gaming bliss - no doubt.

Last edited:

amigastar

Just started Psychonauts 2, it's great so far. The first world was very imaginative. Been a while since I did a platformer. A nice change of pace after finishing up Mafia DE.
Did you like Mafia DE? I think it's worse than og Mafia. Specially the shooting is so clunky and not fun.

Did you like Mafia DE? I think it's worse than og Mafia. Specially the shooting is so clunky and not fun.

The shooting was a little weird (somehow worse than what they did in Mafia 3), but I still enjoyed the game. By the midway point you kind of adjust to the clunky shooting and forget about it.

Duchess

Finished Raji : An Ancient Epic. Had to force myself to, as the combat was so utterly broken (the final boss stun-locked me to death twice).

Now playing Deliver Us the Moon. Elden Ring is coming in the post (arriving on Tuesday, apparently).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Far Cry 6: As a Far Cry fan that’s enjoyed 3,4,5, and even that spin off - I’m really disliking this. Fucking helicopters up my ass constantly, enemies showing up in endless spawns, and the elimination of skill trees…I should’ve listened. Still going to try and suffer through it, but man it really does suck.

Rippa

Been on a side scrolling 2-D kick lately.

Got the platinum for Ender Lilies on PS5.
What a fantastic and under the radar Metroidvania that game is.

Now I’m halfway through Salt and Sanctuary on PS5. 2-D souls with a mix of Metroidvania is amazing.

Last edited:
Not been gaming much lately but when I do I've been working on the hardest difficulty in Gunvolt 3, but I don't want to do too much because I know this shit is coming out on PC this winter...

I'm tempted to replay Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night since it's been a while.

I'm replaying The Outer Worlds. I never finished it the first time, and didn't remember anything about it - some bits are coming back to me now. I like it, but it's a bit 'fetch questy' - pretty well written though, and looks nice. Overall enjoying it - intend to finish this time, and get the DLC.

Then I'm going to play the first Plague Tale.

I'm also still dabbling in Forza Horizon 5 - awesome game. I've got 82 out of 89 achievements I think now (100%ed Hot Wheels), and there are only a couple more I'm going after (not going to keep trying to win an Eliminator). Just a great game to throw on for fifteen minutes and attempt a couple of accolades. Hall of Fame shows me in the top 2% which I love, although I'm also ranked about 500,000 at the same time I think. :messenger_beaming: I still find myself just happily driving around from time to time with no purpose.

Havoc2049

I finished up Skyrim Anniversary Edition. I finished all the DLC with this play through and completed more side quests this go around. Skyrim is an amazing game, but I prefer Oblivion and Morrowind.

I'm currently playing through Blade Runner Enhanced Edition and enjoying it so far. Sometimes adventure games can get a little tedious to me, but this seems fairly strait forward so far and all the set pieces are amazing.

Hit up Level 5 Reapers in Sea of Thieves on a Brig today and then we server hopped through the Pirate's Life portals and ended up sinking a Gally and a Sloop for a Level 5 Gold Hoarders flag and Level 4 Order of Souls flag and a bunch of loot. Good times.

SlimeRancher-Keyart_Wishlist-Landscape-2560x1440-b2f7b22e6d19dff415daf5dbe4d8e78c.jpg

This been a surprising gem for me. I wasn't really sure if it'd be my thing in all honesty seeing little snippets of it, but it's ended up being pretty satisfying to play. Very charming game with a neat art style.

God of War PC: Finished the story, but I’m still putzing around to complete more of the world.

Nioh 2: Fuck. Just started this and it’s just stomping me into the dirt right off the bat.
I had the same experience with Nioh 2. Even as somebody who played all the Souls' games it was pretty tough. Especially at first.

Did find it to be a considerable step-up from the first game when you get past the initial stages of the game. I'd say it's worth sticking with it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Started playing The Surge 2 last night. Only a few hours in, but it's really good so far despite the obvious lower budget.

Can't wait for my character to look like this:
ss-017c106ce86bb9aa6a7e7a1021323e0b2e31d557-1920x1080.jpg

EruditeHobo

Finishing up Carrion. Want to play more Shredder's Revenge. And TLOU remake is pre-ordered, and I'll jump on that as soon as it's available. Also digging Diablo Immortal... just have too much to play currently!

On top of that I still have RDR2, Cyberpunk, Ratchet & Clank, all in progress, and Stray just bought. So many games, so little free time...

Amerikan

Banned
XSX:
Life is Strange: True Colors
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Dishonored

PS5:
Nights of Azure
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
Gravity Rush
The Witcher 3

Switch:
Xenoblade Chroicles 3

Retro:
Bravely Default
Persona 4 Golden

Cracklox

After a couple of failed attempts to get into the Yakuza games (Zero a year or two ago, and 1,2 and 3 I bought in a box set on ps3 years ago) I finally manged to with Like a Dragon on ps+. Not sure why cause I prefer the brawler combat to turn based but I'm enjoying it well enough. Up to chapter 10 and the stories starting to get a bit too convoluted, but wacky side quests and becoming Yokohamas number 1 real estate mogul are keeping me going.

I nearly turned it off after a few hours of watching cutscenes and occasionally being able to interact with the game at the start too, but stuck it out and its pretty fun (Long winded story telling aside). Definitely be revisiting Zero when I'm done

Top Bottom