• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Game Do You Have Still in Shrinkwrap?

Okay, so maybe this is a poorly timed questions since the TRU sale is going on, so people have mountains of just purchased games still in their cellophane. Or maybe some of those folks still had games like that from before, and for months (or even years) now.

For me, I JUST opened up my copy of Clock Tower 3 which I got for $20 back in early summer. BTW, is Scissor Man in this game or what? If not, I'm trading it in tomorrow.

Also, I still have Perfect Dark in plastic, from another TRU sale (got it for $5 new).

Andy787

Banned
Finally decided to trade my sealed copy of Tales of Symphonia a few days ago, and just opened my sealed GunGrave OD today, so.. about a half dozen DC games.

Midas

I got the best one!

Wu-Tang: Taste the pain - Limited Edition with Wu-Tang controller! Got it for like $15 and never opened it. :)

evil ways

I still have one of the extra copies of Legend of Zelda Collection Nintendo sent me for the lost shipments fiasco, which turned out were not lost, just super slow.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I still have FFX-2 and Ratchet and Clank: GC in shrink wrap from last Christmas. I hadn't finished the first R&C yet and I just can't bring myself to play FFX-2 yet.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Ive got 2 copies of MGS2 substance on PS2, one PAL, one NTSC, both unopened.....its a long story.

EdLuva

XBOX:

Alter Echo
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Seablade (for obvious reasons)

PC:

Motorhead
Forsaken (I've played this game, but never opened my copy)

aoi tsuki

drohne said:
don't ask. it's an entire fucking shelf. :/
Ditto. The only ones i remember offhand are

Zone of Ender 2
Ape Escape 2
Wipeout Fusion

Only reason they're still wrapped is because my PS2 is packed somewhere. :(

Fowler

olimario said:
How did you get Mario Tennis GC :(

The Japanese version came out here (HK) on Saturday. Only one shop had it too, which is pretty rare (they usually seem to get games from the same suppliers). Unfortunately, I picked up something else on Saturday from one of the, uh, more dodgy shops so I haven't had time to play it. Maybe tonight!

LakeEarth

I understand not opening it cause you haven't gotten to the game. But no one should keep it in the shrink wrap to try to be a "collectors item". All it takes is one re-release and BAM, worthless.

BlueLegs

Way to many games to remember and it's not because i'm a collector, it's that i have no time to play them. I can't wait until companies start going the way of Steam, it'll save me some much needed room. :D

My oldest shrink wrapped game would have to be Wonderboy 3 : Dragons Trap, which i accidently bought not realizing that i already had it and the guy at the store wouldn't give me a refund (not even credit, he's lucky it's one of my favorite games ever though)

Shouta

Phantom Brave: SE
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne SE (I guess that's what you call the version with the soundtrack in it O_O).

Alcibiades

way too many, I have some SNES games, I bought in recent years (last 4-5 years I think), quite a few 64 games, Saturn Puzzle Fighter 2 and Magic Knight Rayearth, a good 30+ sealed DC, and I'd say a good 20 or so sealed GCN, a several GBA games like Boktai...

these are conservative estimates, but lets just say that my involvement in school activities in HS ('97-'01) + fascination with politics and news ('00-present) + engineering coursework in college ('01-present) have absolutely PWNED! by gaming life...

my backlog is insane...

it's grown like a monster because of deals I find...

I've spent I'm sure thousands, but I've spent a lot less than most people would...

I got Boktai for $10, have bought $5 games off the net, then traded them in for higher rates at shops for newer games (like F-Zero, Mario Party 5, etc...), and then last year did the 3-for-2 deal and got Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, and The Sum of All Fears...

This year, I want to blow money to get Kirby, Mario Golf, Wario World, etc... but I might hold off...

Kingdom Hearts
Ratchet & Clank
Vagrant Story
Astro Boy (GBA)
Freedom Fighters
Tales of Symphonia

And a few others...

I wish I were 10 years old again. Back then there never were enough games to play. Now there's never enough time.

Cathcart

The shrink wrap rarely even makes it to my car. I think there are a bunch of games I had more fun opening than I did playing.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I have quite a large backlog of games I've never played, but I tend to open them all within a day or two of purchase.

That being said, offhand I can think of a few:

Killer Instinct w/ KI Cuts CD
Shaq Fu for Game Boy (Part of the shaq fu "shrine", and it just adds to the hilarity if I keep it sealed)
Paper Mario: TYD (TRU sale)
Mega Man X: Command Mission (TRU Sale)
Tales of Symphonia (TRU Sale)
3 copies of Katamari (I have one I opened, which is my copy, the other three are gifts)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (GBA)

Seriously, it's sitting on a shelf in my closet. I need to get rid of it.

I've opened a bunch of games and not played them however. Most notably, the ones I just bought at TRU: Billy Hatcher, Splinter Cell and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

xbox:
Voodoo Vince
XGRA
Freedom Fighters
Dead to Rights
Whiplash
Armed & Dangerous
Tenchu: Return from Darkness
Fable

Playstation 2:
Mad Maestro
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

Gamecube:
Ace Golf
Doshin the Giant
NBA Courtside 2002
A pal copy of Metroid Prime

Dreamcast:
Shenmue Limited jap.

Shadow Hearts II, just to play it safe: I don't want to start it too soon and be divided between RPGs.
Jet Grind Radio, because I bought a second copy for $10 one day and hoarded it away.

Top Bottom