• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Orbital Media's GBA lineup?

FoneBone

Their games sounded pretty interesting, but I haven't heard anything since E3, and they still haven't appeared on any stores' release lists. Given that, according to the site (www.orbitalmedia.com), they're all scheduled for release in the next 2 months, this strikes me as rather odd. Crazymoogle?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
DS hopefully :D

Either way, Im getting a couple of titles from these guys.

jarrod

Banned
GG-Duo said:
i'm from calgary and i heard psp... ds is a possibility.
Orbital already announced 4 DS games actually... I think their GBA stuff will see release (though maybe things are slipping past this fall)...

jarrod

Banned
Who knows, maybe Orbital Media's switching to PSP but so far their lineup is...

GameBoy Advance
-Juka and the Monophonic Menace
-Pirate Battle
-Racing Gears Advance
-Scurge: Hive

Nintendo DS
-Action/Adventure Game
-Racing Simulation Game
-Racing/Action Game
-Strategy/RPG Game

FightyF

Banned
I applied to them long ago, after seeing a job posting at the U of C...I didn't know crazymoogle worked for them! Cool!

Deg

Banned
I preordered Racing Gears Advance. Its on UK release lists.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002OANDI/ref=br_lf_vg_h__17/026-1817794-3874065

B0002OANDI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

GG-Duo

Fight for Freeform said:
I applied to them long ago, after seeing a job posting at the U of C...I didn't know crazymoogle worked for them! Cool!

wait a minute, you go to the U of C?

Deg said:
I preordered Racing Gears Advance. Its on UK release lists.
B0002OANDI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's mostly just the compression, but that boxart shot looks a lot worse than the real deal.

Answers:

1. The GBA titles are still in the works for (you guessed it) the GBA. Jarrod's lineup list is correct.

2. I can't talk about release dates, but it would be wise to follow Fonebone's common sense; no game comes out before appearing on product preorder lists. Conversely, games that show up on lists tend to come out after appearing. Take that as you will.

FoneBone

So are the games just not going to be completed on time, or are some sort of distribution problems the issue? Or something else?

FoneBone said:
So are the games just not going to be completed on time, or are some sort of distribution problems the issue? Or something else?

Nothing I can comment on, but at least one of those games finished up development a while back. Experience tells me it does take awhile for the ball to start rolling with a new publisher, though.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It'd be nice if Pirate Battle makes it out before the end of the year. It's one of the GBA games I plan on playing on my shiny new future NDS :)

Top Bottom