• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What? No Excorcist anticipation threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Anyone gonna check it out this friday? I might. Looks pretty scary. There's a cameo from Blair. There is also a strong rumor that Schrader's version will be shown right after the credits of Henner's version. I'm game if that's true. :cool:

Jim Bowie

I watched The Exorcist, realized it didn't need a prequel, and subsequently am not excited about the new one. When I saw that they were doing it, I think I gave the biggest :rolleyes I've ever done in my life.

There is only one Exorcist in my eyes, and that's the original theatrical cut. Maybe I'll watch that still-shrinkwrapped copy of The Version You've Never Seen, that's still sitting on my shelf, in protest of the new abomination.

DarkAngyl

I hope it is done well. From reading the book and seeing the movies (I and III...forget II) I've always been curious about the first meeting with the demon. I wanted to read or see the backstory before it gets to Regan, to find out about the priests inital battle with him. Father Merrin I think? I can't remember his name. Anyway... I think its fascinating. I just hope it gets done right. If it ends up a cheese fest, I'm gonna be pissed.

Prospero

No--Renny Harlin's directing it, but he can't make movies either. (Exhibit A: Die Hard 2. Exhibit B: Cutthroat Island.)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Prospero said:
No--Renny Harlin's directing it, but he can't make movies either. (Exhibit A: Die Hard 2. Exhibit B: Cutthroat Island.)

Hey, I liked Die hard 2

Die Hard 2 was aight, but come on, it was trying so hard to be a (slightly different) remake of the first one.

I suspect that this new Exorcist film will try to be a remake of the first, only in a different location, much like Die Hard 2 was on a plane, instead of in Nakatomi Plaza.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It looks ridiculously cheesy/overdone from the previews, I'm not planning on seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom