• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Silent Hill 2/3. (maybe they haven't aged that well? Don't kill me)

bender

What time is it?
Yeah, ~I'm~ the weird one here.

That's actually my line of thinking and why I found the comparison odd, but I can appreciate your perspective. Though I will not unwrite DS3 from existence as it is a great reminder of why EA is mostly a shit company.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Disagree about the gameplay and controls of SH2 ...i recently played the crappy xbox 360 version and it controls just fine. The tank controls work well, just like they did in resident evil. They suit the type of game and pacing perfectly. They're responsive. You just don't like this control style
Tank controls are fine, when the game is designed around them. That dual Pyramid Head battle, though, really stretches their limit.
The combat is consistently janky though, and just acceptable at its best. Close combat is a chore, and aiming firearms can be authentic guesswork at times. Fighting enemies and bosses that hang above the character is a consistently bad experience. Yes, the character is supposed to be an average Joe. Still, he has to fight those fights. He doesn’t have the option to run aways, and combat is bad.

Calverz

9GMQu9w.png

The "corridors" play their part in providing claustrophobia. I agree that the combat is really bad and camera is not perfect though.

I get depressed while playing this two games, the themes are very heavy.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Yeah their gameplay and level design isn't good but there is a massive circlejerk around this IP and the second title in particular that its hard to have a good faith discussion about it.

Cao Cao

Played Silent Hill 3 myself 2 months ago and it was a good game. Gameplay was enjoyable, do not see any problem with that.
Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece, one of the best games ever made.

I just finished SH2 EE last week after like 15+ years on not playing SH2. To me it felt as good and as normal as ever, the story is creepy, the game doesnt hold your hand but by you visiting every corner of the map you do realize where you can and cant go. I dont know, it woke up something inside me, Im now onto SH3 and ill go play SH4 straight after.

Top Bottom