• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell happened to Xbox Live Arcade?

thorns

Banned
That was one of the reasons why I was keeping my Xbox live subscription.. It was supposed to be out in September? What happened?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
THE HELL?

And I was hoping for a $5 price for Arcade compilations and maybe $10 for games like Hamsterball?

Do they want this thing to fail?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
lmao!! 9.99 for games you can play for free with Firefox, A Simple PC, and an Internet Connection!

Go MS!!

DrLazy

Nintendo has to steal Microsoft's idea here. Charge $5 per classic game with no manufacturing/delivery/retail costs. Who says online can't have a good buisness model.

Jesiatha

Suikoguy said:
lmao!! 9.99 for games you can play for free with Firefox, A Simple PC, and an Internet Connection!

Go MS!!

What? Doom cost $15 when you can play the shareware version for free?

You do realize that every game in the Arcade will have a free demo version, right? The business model is the same as the PC - you can play limited versions of the game for free, then pay $10-$20 if you want the full set of features.

I'm certainly not convinced that the price point is right for the console audience, but it has certainly proven itself in the PC world.

Phoenix

All I'll say is that Microsoft won't be the only company to participate in this bizarly stupid business model with old content at high prices.... monthly. Personally I would rather grab some cheap ass games off overstock :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I wish it was $5 & $10 but $10 and $20 was always what was gonna happen, thats the shareware norm these days.

Top Bottom