• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the best new original series of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeline

We got a ton of new original shows last month, how would you guys rank them?

Tarzan and Jane

tarzan-and-jane-141287.jpg

Saved from a plane crash and given supernatural powers, teen Tarzan joins forces with brave city girl Jane to protect his jungle home from threats.

One Day at a Time

In a reimagining of the TV classic, a newly single Latina mother raises her teen daughter and tween son with the "help" of her old-school mom.

Frontier

In 18th-century North America, ruthless trappers and entrepreneurs fight to wrest control of the fur trade from the mighty Hudson's Bay Company.

A Series of Unfortunate Events

The extraordinary Baudelaire orphans face trials, tribulations and the evil Count Olaf in their fateful quest to unlock long-held family secrets.

Ronja, the Robber's Daughter

Presented by Studio Ghibli. The daughter of a professional robber, Ronja realizes the complicated nature of her father's profession when she befriends Birk, the child of a rival tribe. She struggles to balance this friendship with her family relationship but comes to understand, differences can be overcome with the help of love and understanding.

Sneaky Pete

A con man (Giovanni Ribisi) on the run from a vicious gangster (Bryan Cranston) takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, "reuniting" with Pete's estranged family, a colorful, dysfunctional group that threatens to drag him into a world just as dangerous as the one he's trying to escape - and, just maybe, give him a taste of the loving family he's never had.

Z: The Beginning of Everything

"Z: The Beginning of Everything" tells the story of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the brilliant, beautiful Southern Belle who became the original flapper and icon of the wild, flamboyant Jazz Age.

Sadsic

I really enjoyed Sneaky Pete, I'd say it's about as good as one of the better seasons of Justified, which is like a B+ show overall

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
surprised by One Day at a Time.. I mean, I think it's about as clever as a traditional sitcom can get. Didn't blow me away, but I never wanted to turn off the 4-5 episodes I'm in already. If this was an 80s sitcom it would have easily run for 4-6 years based on this quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom