• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WhatBeatsRock - The Scribblenauts of Rock Paper Scissors

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just discovered WhatBeatsRock.com, which is an open-ended rock paper scissors game, where you have to think of something that will beat your previous answer. You can enter literally ANYTHING and it will assess whether or not it beats what you're up against. It's obviously using some LLM to determine the win, but it's been pretty fair and impressive so far. You start with "rock", which you have to defeat. You could use "paper", but you could also use "a laser gun".

For example, I learned that "angry NeoGAF users" can be defeated by "a thread about butts", which tracks. But "resetting the simulation" apparently doesn't defeat "the destruction of time and space".
I9sRE6Q.png

Anyway, it's a fun time-killer, and an actual creative use of AI.

Toots

Gold Member
And there goes my work day :messenger_grinning_sweat:
The stuff is pretty fun with its responses too

cwK1taN.jpeg

edit :
sometimes it gets it wrong but what can you do 🤷‍♀️
CV8gsOy.jpeg

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
The "you cannot slap something in front of something to make it stronger" is one of the limits of the thing.
I tried to enter "Nelson" to beat paper, it worked but instead of the admiral it was a weird glam rock band called Nelson i did not know existed. So i then entered admiral Nelson, but it did not work, i was told that slapping admiral in front of the same word won't work. So i tried again but put Horatio Nelson this time, thinking the program will understand im talking about a totally different existing person, but still didn't work. Last try i put Nelson Muntz with no success. You cannot add something to your previous answer even if it totally changes the thing you're talking about.
But at the same time, you can beat a black hole with a black hole containment system, but cannot beat a black hole containment unit with a black hole containment unit containment unit ?! The logic is weird :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom