• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best rum to mix with Coke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried various spiced rums and regular rums with Coke during my day... but always come back to Captain..

Captain Morgan Original + Coke
Captain Morgan Private Stock + Coke

anyone know of something they consider better mixed with cola?

i've seen that bacardi 8 on the shelfs and some other, but dont want to drop 15-30$ on something i might hate.

Comfort_Eagle said:
Malibu coconut flavored rum is always good with coke.

i am not a big fan of the coconut/fruity flavored rums, at least not with Coke.. i prefer the spiced/vanilla/etc darker rums such as captain,..

i used to order captain and coke down at college all the time and get Admiral Morgan's or some shit, it was the cheap competitor to captain and i actually grew to really like it...

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm not much on knowing good rums, but I know the rum didn't have any extra flavor to it.
I also threw in sparkling lemonade, it was great.

I usually go with Bacardi 8 Year since all of my friends love it. I'm more of a shots (vodka, jager) man myself though. I'd rather get drunk fast, and avoid running to the bathroom 50 times.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sactown said:
Nothing is better than Bacardi and Coke. Nothing

Thats what I tell people, then I sharpen my knife a little bit more when someone says "nah, you're supposed to drink it with lemonade".

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Nothing is better than Bacardi and Coke. Nothing"

+1

or just throw it all out and get some Whiskey.

pollo

Banned
ugh...ive had nothing but bad experiences with bacardi..i hate the stuff

cept for the 151 shit. those things are the shiznite.

nitewulf

captain morgan spiced + coke
also, i like bacardi limon + coke. though you can mix it with sprite or tonic for better tasting drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom