• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite SUPERMAN movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
supergirl.jpg

She comes from Lady Liberty's armpit to fight crime!

Superman II for me, but the extended Superman I is extremely close.

ge-man

The first one is the best of the bunch, but I do love the second one quite a bit. The third movie wasted some decent potential--the fight between Clark and Supes is one of my favorite scenes out of all the films. Unfortunately, it was tied to the second worst film in the series.

Cafeman

I pick Superman first, then Superman II. The others aren't even in the same league.

I've watched the remastered Superman DVD quite a few times in the past year. Well, the good scenes from it. It is full of great parts, and Williams' score is his best IMHO. I like just watching Superman I's opening space scene credits because of the music. Good Lord, I can still remember seeing it at the theater as a kid about 10 years old.... that music stirred me. It still does. The thing I like most about S1 is the awe that is reflected in people, as Superman is an unknown entity and he defeats everything.

Superman II is really close though, it really is good. I loved the revenge-on-the-bully scene and the Kryptonian fights. The movie is more rewatchable than the first, I think, because its faster paced & has more action.

Superman III and IV both are crap, but Superman III does have some really great scenes, like the Evil Superman stuff, and I like seeing Lana Lang too.

I only own Superman I, gotta find Superman II on DVD somewhere. I haven't seen it for a few years.

I faintly remember these movies. I read that Puzo penned the original story for the first two films, so I'll have to see those two and get back to you.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Cafeman said:
I like just watching Superman I's opening space scene credits because of the music.

Definitely! When I heard the remastered opening music in Superman I, it was just awesome. Especially hearing in on a good sound system, it just blows you away. :)

trippingmartian said:
I read that Puzo penned the original story for the first two films, so I'll have to see those two and get back to you.

Yep, Mario Puzo sure did write the first two films. The weight of those films is truly felt, which couldn't be said for parts III and IV. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom