• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where are some Arcades in Manhattan?

Prospero

There's an arcade/laser-tag place just east of Times Square (sorry, don't remember the exact street, but I think it's either 47th or 48th). They have two DDR Extreme machines in good working order; the other stuff is mostly light gun games and racers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The only one I really know of is the Broadway arcade on 42nd near 8th (or is it 9th...somewhere around there). I know there are some down in Chinatown too, but I don't know where exactly.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
MetatronM said:
The only one I really know of is the Broadway arcade on 42nd near 8th (or is it 9th...somewhere around there). I know there are some down in Chinatown too, but I don't know where exactly.
Broadway is closed down my friend (something about people getting hit with stray bullets). I think Barcode is gone too. Chinatown is your best bet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Empire Arcadia is having a racing game tournament on 7/11/04. Here is the form.

V-Clutch Championship

Sunday July 11th 2k4

A premiere racing game tournament held in New York City’s Neutral Ground.

Games are as follows:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playstation 2

Gran Turismo 3

Burnout 2

Initial D

Xbox

Rallisport 2

TOCA: 2

Sega GT 2002

The Place
: Neutral Ground (122 W 26th st., 4th fl. 212-633-1288) on 26th st. and 6 av.

(transportation: take the MTA 1 train to 28th st. or the N/R train to 28th st.)

the Time: 2pm (12-1pm are for entrée times).

Entry Fee: $7

You can bring your own wheel, controller, games etc. Plus, there will be casual play as well going on during and after the tournament(s).

Prospero said:
There's an arcade/laser-tag place just east of Times Square (sorry, don't remember the exact street, but I think it's either 47th or 48th). They have two DDR Extreme machines in good working order; the other stuff is mostly light gun games and racers.

You're thinking of Laser Park

olubode said:
Broadway is closed down my friend (something about people getting hit with stray bullets). I think Barcode is gone too. Chinatown is your best bet.

It's closed? That's too bad... not that it was such a great place, but it was something.

Once Disney took over Times Square, many of the old time classic arcades, like Playland, were driven out for uber arcades like XS and Barode. None of the them lasted long. XS had that rape in the bathroom and Barcode was simply way too upscale for their own good; once I wasn't let in cuz my pants weren't nice enough. Get that? I didn't have nice enough pants to play Sega Rally 2.

There's Broadway Arcade on 42nd near 8th Ave, close to Port Authority, but that's on its last legs. BTW, the Port Authority has an arcade near the bowling alley.

Plus there's the Chinatown Street Fair on Mott Street.

But I guess there's also...

Grizzlyjin said:
Neutral Ground (122 W 26th st., 4th fl. 212-633-1288) on 26th st. and 6 av

NEVER heard of this place... gonna check it out tomorrow.... thanks!

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Grizzlyjin said:
Empire Arcadia is having a racing game tournament on 7/11/04. Here is the form.

V-Clutch Championship
What!? No F Zero??? ;)

way more

olubode said:

The second time my family has every been in New York my brothers were 2 hours from witnessing the shoot out.

Top Bottom