• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where can I get a good price on the Cowboy Bebop DVD box set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
I own the first 7 volumes on VHS, but I'd really like to have the entire series on DVD. Are there any places online that have it for a reasonable price? I'm in Canada.

I know there is a boxed set that you can get for about $38 CDN, my friend got it from the UofT Anime club. Im not sure if its legit but it looks nice. If ur in the Toronto area then im sure u can get it from there.

bjork

The domestic US box set is several hundred dollars on eBay now, and is long out of print. The other ones you'll see (like the complete sessions mentioned in the other CB thread) are bootlegs, so buyer beware. Best best for domestic is to just snag the individual sessions and leave it at that. You'll be in for about $130US or so after tax, but that's better than upwards for $400 for the box.

I'd like to have the box too, but my shop's owner, even with all his little shady connections, can't come across one for me. Happy hunting, though.

Your best bet is probably ordering the individual discs from www.deepdiscountdvd.com at $17.99 each (free shipping only for America I think), and using the "DVDTALK" code to get %20 off (valid until the 25th).

Act fast and do this, Alucard. It's definitely going to be the cheapest option for obtaining all six, non-pirated discs. Only $86.35 (under $15 a disc!) if you use the the code Adelgary mentioned plus their free shipping.

bjork said:
The domestic US box set is several hundred dollars on eBay now, and is long out of print. The other ones you'll see (like the complete sessions mentioned in the other CB thread) are bootlegs, so buyer beware. Best best for domestic is to just snag the individual sessions and leave it at that. You'll be in for about $130US or so after tax, but that's better than upwards for $400 for the box.

I'd like to have the box too, but my shop's owner, even with all his little shady connections, can't come across one for me. Happy hunting, though.

I snagged the Limited Edition Perfect Session box (with the soundtrack CD) from Amazon.com for $160, it went out of stock 2 weeks after that, and became an expensive collector's item. A Winner Is Me.

Alucard

Banned
Alex Anderson said:
Act fast and do this, Alucard. It's definitely going to be the cheapest option for obtaining all six, non-pirated discs. Only $86.35 (under $15 a disc!) if you use the the code Adelgary mentioned plus their free shipping.

Wow, that does sound like a really great deal...and it'll likely cost me under $150 Canadian.

Alucard said:
Wow, that does sound like a really great deal...and it'll likely cost me under $150 Canadian.

I'm not sure, but I think Amazon.com used to sell all 6 DVDs packed together for $60 or $70 (I could be off on that), and it was in-stock just a month or two ago... You lose when you don't act fast.

Alucard

Banned
Ahhh...I think I might just bite the bullet and get all 6 from that site right now. My Visa just came in for this month and next month I'll have my vacation pay so...yeah...*trying to justify it to myself*

EDIT: Just ordered the first 3 sessions...with the discount, shipping, and currency exchange, it came to about $72 Canadian. That's not a bad price at all for 3 anime DVDs over here...less than $25 a disc.

I actually had two copies of Perfect Sessions, and unloaded one on EBay before the hype. Oh well, one was a gift, and one I had bought for myself, so I made a nice chunk of change...

'm not sure, but I think Amazon.com used to sell all 6 DVDs packed together for $60 or $70 (I could be off on that), and it was in-stock just a month or two ago... You lose when you don't act fast.

They had it for $100. That's where I got mine (about 2 years ago?). The price you saw was probably one of the third party sellers that sell through Amazon--- and for that price likely pirated :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom