• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which movie should I watch tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Choices are from OnDemand, there's a couple I want to see but none jump out at me. Obviously, these are all movies I don't own on DVD so none of them are super-interesting to me.

Spy Game - never did get around to seeing it due to mixed reviews, looks pretty decent

Sneakers - loved it back in the day, haven't seen it since it first came out on VHS

Point Break - sometimes you just like to see dumb, but competent, action movies

Army of Darkness - haven't seen it in a long time, not a huge fan of it really

The Long Kiss Goodnight - yeah, the goofy one with Geena Davis and Sam Jackson. Saw it in theatres and thought it was pretty dumb, but see Point Break re: action movies

Van Helsing: London Assignment - looks crappy, based on a shitty movie, yet the Riddick: Dark Fury animated short was pretty damn good so I'm almost willing to give it a chance.

The Abyss Extended Version - never seen the extended version, and I barely remember The Abyss at all except that I thought it was a bit disappointing. Yet the movie gets much GAF love so I'm tempted to see it again, the fact I can seriously barely remember a thing about it makes me wonder if I was stoned or tired when I saw it the first time.

Aliens - should I own the DVD? Yes. I'd definitely choose this one but I saw an hour or so of it on the weekend on Space.

Gun Crazy: A Woman From Nowhere - never heard of it, but it looks cool. Sadly the description and look of the cover reminds me a bit of the disappointing Princess Blade.

I'm leaning toward Abyss. But the fact that I remember almost nothing about Long Kiss Goodnight except that it was goofy but somewhat entertaining intrigues me.

None of those seem too appealing to me. I'm going to watch The Big Lebowski, and then bust open Bad Santa tonight. Slept all day... Now I'm pretty bored.

calder

Hitokage said:
I can't give an objective reply to this thread.
Sounds like someone has too many secrets. But you've almost swayed me... such a great movie.

It's not too late, I'm off this week. :) But my sleep is incredibly messed up already, I just love staying up all night when I can.

EDIT: it's either Abyss or Sneakers. Not sure which, but Sneakers has the lead so far.

You haven't seen Spy games yet but you are entertaining the thought of watching shit like Long kiss goodnight? For shame!

Spy games rocked.

FnordChan

calder said:
The Abyss Extended Version - never seen the extended version, and I barely remember The Abyss at all except that I thought it was a bit disappointing. Yet the movie gets much GAF love so I'm tempted to see it again, the fact I can seriously barely remember a thing about it makes me wonder if I was stoned or tired when I saw it the first time.

While mileage varies, I thought The Abyss was greatly improved by the extended edition. Alternately, watch Sneakers again and let me know if it holds up; I haven't seen it in years, either.

FnordChan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom