• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Switch 2 title will be a “Deluxe” version of a Switch mega hit?

Which Switch 1 series/title will become Deluxe version on NS2

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Splatoon 3

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Mario kart

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Zelda: BotW or TotK

Votes: 64 56.1%
  • Smash Bros

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Switch Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
With how long development takes on new titles, it is likely that at least one Switch 1 title will receive an expansion is a labeled a “Deluxe” version on Switch 2.

Which series do you think is most likely to receive this treatment?

Chukhopops

It’s going to be Smash Ultimate with a full roster and Fighter Pack 3.

Also it won’t happen but I wish they’d do a new version of Pokémon S/V with the better hardware. Aside from technical issues it’s the best Pokémon game in a decade at least.

Shifty1897

They're already showing demos of 4k versions of Breath of the Wild running on Switch 2 behind closed doors, so that.

winjer

Gold Member
I expect that the Switch 2 to be backwards compatible with the Switch.
So Nintendo might probably make enhanced Switch 2 versions of existing games.
Consider improved resolution and frame rate.
I think that the Zelda games would be the ones that would benefit the most from having higher frame rate and resolution. And maybe, even with DLSS implemented, or a Nintendo AI upscaler.

Kabelly

I swear to god i hope Mario Kart 8 is over.

Its a damn wii u game. I know people thinks its the peak of mario kart and it cant get better than 8 but i disagree.

My biggest issue with 8 was always the item distribution and adding more maps doesnt help that. A revamp in items and driving physics would be ideal.

I would love character specific special items back again as well.

00_Zer0

The most obvious answer is BoTW and TotK. I chose other though. I have my doubts, but I hope Nintendo goes all in on fixing some of their Switch games framerate issues, and update the resolution. The Bayonetta trilogy desperately needs a framerate fix, and a resolution boost for example. They should do this to many of their games at the bare minimum.

Woopah

I think you'll get remakes of Wii/GameCube/GBA games, but Switch is too popular for Switch ports to do well on Switch 2.

Zelda … according to rumors, they’ve been using it to show off the switch 2’s capabilities behind closed doors at events.
They're already showing demos of 4k versions of Breath of the Wild running on Switch 2 behind closed doors, so that.
The rumour was that this was to show off the removal of loading times, rather than to show a product that would be released.

Little Mac

Gold Member
The rumour was that this was to show off the removal of loading times, rather than to show a product that would be released.

Regardless, the fact that BotW was rumored to be shown running on Switch 2 hardware places it ahead of all the other options imo. It means Nintendo has spent at least some development time porting it over. If this was a bet, BotW would be my pick.

Smash Bros because there is nowhere to go from SSBU but backwards in terms of competitive multiplayer. It’s the new Melee. I can see them continuing to support Ultimate and if there’s a new game in the series, maybe it will be very different or more focused on single player/story mode - like Melee’s Adventure mode or Brawl’s Subspace Emissary.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
None, it will have full backwards compatibility so there will be no need.

What we will get is a $20 " settings " upgrade for some BC titles. 😵‍💫

FunkMiller

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pulled a third modern Zelda game out of their arse for the Switch 2's launch, that reuses the assets from BotW again, but upscaled to the power of the new console.

F-ZERO GX Deluxe with all the tracks ever made into one game. Developed by SEGA.
Zelda III Deluxe could be great too.
Donkey KongTrilogy Deluxe would be cool.
Mother Collection Deluxe would be insane!

None of these are going to happen anyway. So let's say Mario Kart and hope for the last 2 major Zelda games.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
F-ZERO GX Deluxe with all the tracks ever made into one game. Developed by SEGA.
This could have been done on the current Switch and I would have paid 70 bucks for it without question. I would buy it and Switch 2 day 1 if it were to happen on that system. But Nintendo has been clear that we have F-Zero GX Deluxe at home. It's called Mario Kart 8.

Woopah

Regardless, the fact that BotW was rumored to be shown running on Switch 2 hardware places it ahead of all the other options imo. It means Nintendo has spent at least some development time porting it over. If this was a bet, BotW would be my pick.
I see the logic in that!

Unknown?

None, it will have full backwards compatibility so there will be no need.

What we will get is a $20 " settings " upgrade for some BC titles. 😵‍💫
You underestimate the Nintendo snob.

Nintendo snob 1: *bumps into another switch user while playing*
Nintendo snob 2: Hey!! You scratched my switch with Mario!
Nintendo snob 1: Is that the deluxe version?
Nintendo snob 2: No.
Nintendo snob 1: I just did you a favor!

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
100%.

Also, hope ya'll are ready for Nintendo to re-release all of their old games again, this time with "4K" added to the name instead of "HD", and for $70 instead of $60.

• Luigi's Mansion 2 4K
  • Pikmin 1 & 2 4K
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 4K
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 4K

etc.. etc..

Last edited:
Mario Kart 8 just to troll people.

But for a more serious answer... probably BotW. They already built a BotW remaster tech demo to show off the improvments of the Switch 2 (according to rumours) and Nintendo is cheap enough to just slap a full price tag ond this kind of project.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate seems likely to me. Doubt they’ll be able, or bother, to get all those fighters, tracks, stages etc. etc. licensed into the next game.

Codes 208

The zeldas, easily. though i suspect we’ll be getting sequels/spinoffs rather than deluxes for most of these titles.

Most of the deluxes we got were from the wii u and its pretty clear they mainly just wanted those games to have a second chance on a successful console. But if the rumors of it being BC are true, deluxe editions of switch games kinda becomes moot.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Mario Kart 8: Super Deluxe!

Because honestly what can they add to that or Smash Bros at this point? May as well just sell them forever.

Holammer

The meme joke is Mario Kart 8, but I think they'll have a new fresh iteration ready for the next-gen device.
BotW/TotK However? A combo re-release with some additional new content running at 1440p/4k and 60fps + next-gen patches for exiting owners.

You have not experienced BotW until you have played it in the original 60+ fps.

blogs_artsdesk_files_2010_09_5522225_gal.png

Hudo

Selling Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as "Mario Kart 8 Super Deluxe" would be based as fuck. I would laugh my ass off.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just hope they patch TotK to run at 60fps. That’s all I want.

StereoVsn

I don't think OP understood why Nintendo released "Deluxe" versions of some of their Wii U games for Nintendo Switch.
I mean yeah, situation is a bit different, but there are enough people who will jump on enhanced versions of say Zelda and Xenoblade games.

I was thinking splatoon 3, but they probably wouldn't want to split the player base. Maybe splatoon 1
Hah. I mean, they already did in two ways: by releasing an unnecessary sequel and charging for online play. Splatoon 2 during the free online period was almost as good as the first game.

Top Bottom