• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which version of Spider-Man DVD to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Superbit? Normal? 3-Disc SE? Are the extras worth it?

Finally, do any of them include the short/teaser/trailer with the WTC?

Fatalah

"looks worse" based on Matlock's opinion. In the end, super-bit is meant to be better. If not now on your current tv-set, then on your future hdtv set which is iniveitable sometime in your lifetime.

DaveH

Sad, no WTC short... seems it should be in there for completeness sake. Anyone have the 3 Disc version want to vouch for it? It's looking like the regular version's the best value (most of the main bonuses included and half the price of other editions).

DaveH said:
Sad, no WTC short... seems it should be in there for completeness sake. Anyone have the 3 Disc version want to vouch for it? It's looking like the regular version's the best value (most of the main bonuses included and half the price of other editions).

i believe the 3 disc version is just the regular version (from 2 years ago) with a bonus extra disc thrown in. Most places now have restocked the box set for $20, which i think would be a better buy than the "Deluxe" 3 disc version.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I recommend everyone have what I have. I have the Collector's Gift Set of Spider-Man, featuring the 2-disc SE of Spider-Man, plus the bonus Stan Lee DVD and other goodies. For pure watching, I highly recommend the Superbit. It is a lot sharper.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Willco said:
I recommend everyone have what I have. I have the Collector's Gift Set of Spider-Man, featuring the 2-disc SE of Spider-Man, plus the bonus Stan Lee DVD and other goodies. For pure watching, I highly recommend the Superbit. It is a lot sharper.

Sharper, and it has the DTS track. It's what I watch when I just want to see the movie.

Willco

Hollywood Square
ManaByte said:
Sharper, and it has the DTS track. It's what I watch when I just want to see the movie.

And complain about it later?

(I will never let this die! Never!)

The DTS tracks means nothing; it was sourced from the same master as the DD track. The video may look a tad sharper, but again, the same transfer was used, just encoded with less vertical filtering. They somehow managed to jack the color levels on the Superbit as well. What a rip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom