• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Was Your Favorite Season Of The Real World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I must give props to season one. It was fresh. It didn't seem like a bad teen drama. Julie was hot in that ignorant southern girl kind of way. Good season.

My second favorite was the SF one (I believe it was set in SF, anyway) with Pedro Zamora. They handled his situatuon rather respectfully (a gay man living with the AIDS virus), and I must say it was a learning experience for me. Truely a touching season.

You?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I haven't looked at one since New Orleans, but the first one was definitely the best. I did like Hawaii because it seemed everyone was screwing everyone and they had the drunk chick. I liked the way they showed her downward spiral.

Real World Boston is probably my favorite overall. So many funny people in that season.

Other than that New Orleans was really good just for David and his amazing singing and song writing abilities.

"Come on be my baby tonight x30" :p

Guzim

Seasons 1 and 3 were my favorite.

And yes SSX, David was awesome.

Don't forget Paris with CT and I'll work you.

Guzim said:
Don't forget Paris with CT and I'll work you.

Didn't punch some guy in the face in that ep? That was hilarious.

I liked the finale of this RW for Cameron's quote.

"When I go home and hear someone say the N word i'm going to say 'Hey! I lived a black person and he was damn cool!'"

Close to Julie's comment about how she'd never seen a black person in real life before.

oh man, can anyone photoshop "COME ON BE MY BABY TONIGHT" onto a picture of that dude?

i would reward greatly...

PLEASE DO IT, IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS

Triumph

Banned
Season two, because of John the depressed hillbilly. Man, it was awesome to watch him mope around, watch tv and not do anything. Totally what I would have done if I were on the show, but I would have been smoking weed CONSTANTLY. After that, they decided to take tvs out of the houses and make them actually DO shit. Lame.

New Orleans

Mainly because of Danny <3 :

lovewar1_175.jpg

Back to New York and Boston are close seconds.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Raoul Duke said:
Season two, because of John the depressed hillbilly. Man, it was awesome to watch him mope around, watch tv and not do anything. Totally what I would have done if I were on the show, but I would have been smoking weed CONSTANTLY. After that, they decided to take tvs out of the houses and make them actually DO shit. Lame.

He probably was smoking since all he did was drink kool aid.

tt_deeb

I really loved this season. So many funny events. Just saw the "Shit you haven't seen" episode and damn...

BOOM! BAZOOKA JOE!

Doth Togo said:

With Stephens later appearances on shows it was shown the guy really was just plain crazy. I thought the smack might have just been out of anger but he does seem really crazy.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Probably Back to New York, but only because it was the first I really payed attention to..

I liked Chicago also, if only because of Chris. I stopped watching Las Vegas after the first couple of episodes, and haven't watched any Real World since.

MIMIC

Banned
Top five by rank:

1. Seaon 11: Chicago

2. Season 10: Back To New York

3. Season: 13: San Diego

4. Season 9: New Orleans

5. Season 8: Hawaii

Seattle, New Orleans, and Hawaii are my only real favorites. I like Boston, quite a bit, and a Chicago a tad.

The worst? Hmm... Vegas, so fucking dull and too "beautiful".

EDIT:
gofreak said:
I liked Chicago also, if only because of Chris.

Same here. Chris was hot, and gay. Only reason I kept on watching.

what happened during teh chicago season? i know i watched it but cant recall it at all..

i have loved MANY seasons of real world... the only one I absolutely dreaded/hated was France, which was really just horribly boring and bad.

Pimpwerx

Season 2, if that was the one with Puck. That was the height of hilarity IMO, and the last full season I watched. Well, I also watched the Miami one, but just to see if I knew anyone on there. BTW, the New Orleans RW house is pretty inconspicuous. But I don't know how they could have gotten all those cameras in and out without drawing lots of attention on Charles St. PEACE.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Paris had CT who rocked. San Diego was fucking awesome. I looooved that season. New Orleans is utter trash (woo-woo: God I fucking hated that son of a bitch). Back to New York rocked the craddle. I barely remember Seattle. Las Vegas was great. Chicago was pretty decent. Paris was so-so, the girls pissed me off, but the guys were all pretty cool. Hmm...I'll post other thoughts later; can't remember anymore.

i liked the Real World reunion show where Puck told Judd Winick (former Real World-er, who know writes the Batman comic book), "Your mom's my secret lover!".

hobbitx

I loved season 10 and 11, those two had so much drama and interesting characters, none of the other seasons I saw and see now were able to pull me in like those two did. Coral and Rachel from season 10 were pretty hot. The funny thing about Coral though is she isn't always hot, sometimes she's like kinda whatever, then two scenes she's just making me say, DAMN! Tonya from season 11 was like that, she looked kinda nasty sometimes, then other times she looked like a totally different girl, she was a real bitch, and she was kinda racist, but I'd still hit it.

One last thing....is it just me, or does Theo from season 11 totally look like he could be the long lost son of the lead singer from the GAP Band?

XS+

Banned
SF was the only meaningful season. San Diego was good because it showed a little bit of my home towm, and because the whole cast was so freakin STUPID (except for Ja and Randy to a lesser extent). Paris was cool because CT was the only man in the house. I also liked NY1, LV, Hawaii and Seattle.

And oh yes, Rachel is the hotness.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
COMONBEMAHBABAYTOONII

IVE SEEN THE WAY YOU TREATED OTHA THUGS U BEEN WIT

COMONBEMAHBABAYTOONIIIII

SKEEEE DA BOOOOOO DEE DA BA DWAAAA

Best Real WOrld Moment

hobbitx said:
I loved season 10 and 11, those two had so much drama and interesting characters, none of the other seasons I saw and see now were able to pull me in like those two did. Coral and Rachel from season 10 were pretty hot. The funny thing about Coral though is she isn't always hot, sometimes she's like kinda whatever, then two scenes she's just making me say, DAMN!

I didn't think Rachel looked that hot during that season, it was when she returned to the show for that RW vs. RR challenge that she was extremely hot. Kinda reminded me of Genesis in Boston who looked pretty bleh all through the season and then at the reuinion she was really hot.

"Best Real WOrld Moment"

You had to like David just because I don't think he had a clue of how absurd that song sounded. I think he even wrote it for Julie early on because he was into her at the start.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
SolidSnakex said:
"Best Real WOrld Moment"

You had to like David just because I don't think he had a clue of how absurd that song sounded. I think he even wrote it for Julie early on because he was into her at the start.

I just wished he died. I hate him. Woo-woo.

hobbitx

I didn't think Rachel looked that hot during that season, it was when she returned to the show for that RW vs. RR challenge that she was extremely hot. Kinda reminded me of Genesis in Boston who looked pretty bleh all through the season and then at the reuinion she was really hot.

Nah, I thought she had the cutest round face. Sometimes she didn't look all that great, but most of the time she looked pretty nice to me. You're right though, she did look amazingly hot in RR.

XS+

Banned
Wait wait wait, I'm getting Rachel confused with Lori from RW 10. Rachel's fine but Lori's killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom