• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who’s played Killer Frequency? Fantastic little gem of a game

Maddux4164

Banned
You’re a radio DJ, a serial killer is on the loose, killed the town sheriff and all 911 calls are now routed to you while the 911 dispatcher goes to the next town over to bring the Calvary

You can do mundane task like toss paper balls in a basketball hoop over a trash can
Play radio ads
Play radio songs
Explore the radio station studio

But the story is actually quite good. Really good I’d say.
People will call all night about him coming to kill them, and what you say will either save them or get them killed

You’ll have to tell them what you think they should do

Fantastic little gem on sale for $11. Played almost 8 hours in a non stop sitting on the steam deck yesterday

What say you all? If anyone has even heard of it

Toots

Gold Member
I saw it on psn i think and it seemed like the type of horror game twitch streamers love where you're doing mundane stuff alone at night, at work or at home, and a stalker comes to kill you.
They are usually not good on the story part, so maybe this one is different.
Thanks for the heads up i'll probably get it when it pass by me next time.

Maddux4164

Banned
I saw it on psn i think and it seemed like the type of horror game twitch streamers love where you're doing mundane stuff alone at night, at work or at home, and a stalker comes to kill you.
They are usually not good on the story part, so maybe this one is different.
Thanks for the heads up i'll probably get it when it pass by me next time.
Don’t get it twisted on this. It’s all narrative based and mundane tasks

You can’t die. No combat etc

Absolutely would recommend to really anyone though. Especially for the price

Vlodril

You’re a radio DJ, a serial killer is on the loose, killed the town sheriff and all 911 calls are now routed to you while the 911 dispatcher goes to the next town over to bring the Calvary

You can do mundane task like toss paper balls in a basketball hoop over a trash can
Play radio ads
Play radio songs

People will call all night about him coming to kill them, and what you say will either save them or get them killed

Fantastic little gem on sale for $11. Played almost 8 hours in a non stop sitting on the steam deck yesterday

Finished it. It was a very nice little adventure game. Great atmosphere.

Maddux4164

Banned
I bought it in a sale and was pleasantly surprised. Would like to play more of these short but sweet games games in between the major time sinks. (Looking at you FF7 Rebirth)
Agreed. We absolutely deserve more of these fantastic short gems with something to say

Impotaku

I found it really fun and having to solve puzzles as your callers lives hang in the balance was fun. It’s a bit fiddly on console to control it’s clear it’s a vr game that was ported but after a bit of adjustment you get used to it.

Liked having to turn over the radio station for clue and items then rush back to them and try to stop them been killed. Perfect type of light horror game to play during Halloween season

Protocol7

Play radio ads
Play radio songs

Was going to ask how it runs/ enjoyable it is on Steam Deck and saw that you actually played it on SD. Went on Proton DB to have a look (rated Platinum).
I do have consoles and PC, but typically the kind of game I want to play on a SD and my headphones.

Perfect thx :)

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Banned
The only game I’ve ever finished in 1 sitting (no… definitely don’t count those 3 hour games)

Is Heavy Rain on PS3 on launch day (took me maybe 12 hours)

Was just engrossed and had to see it to the end

YMMV obviously. I enjoyed my time and wasn’t all laser focused. Had a few cold beers and would pause to talk to you fine peeps and family etc. It just gave me fun vibes and a fantastic little setting

This took me 8. Can EASILY take more. I was tired and skipped many things just to see the end.

Easily a 10 hour game if you’re taking your time and exploring and thinking and doing all the stuff

Then… there’s multiple endings. So ya know. Far more

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Banned
I found it really fun and having to solve puzzles as your callers lives hang in the balance was fun. It’s a bit fiddly on console to control it’s clear it’s a vr game that was ported but after a bit of adjustment you get used to it.

Liked having to turn over the radio station for clue and items then rush back to them and try to stop them been killed. Perfect type of light horror game to play during Halloween season
Yeah. You can tell this game was born for VR. Absolutely

But definitely “light” horror fun gem

Definitely critical thinking and listening skills will determine what happens for you. Absolutely requires your attention

Maddux4164

Banned
Was going to ask how it runs/ enjoyable it is on Steam Deck and saw that you actually played it on SD. Went on Proton DB to have a look (rated Platinum).
I do have consoles and PC, but typically the kind of game I want to play on a SD and my headphones.

Perfect thx :)
Game runs flawless on SD. No worries to that end. Played my entire run on it with ABSOLUTE glee.

Crank up the settings. Grab some popcorn. Get ready for a fun light horror narrative and also being a DJ at a radio station.

Top Bottom