• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who else wants to buy a Xbox

Bishman

But know that Microsoft will bring the Xenon out in late '05. It’s the only thing holding me back from buying Xbox and Halo 2. :(

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I was thinking about this, but i think i want to get on live with halo 2 more than i want to wait for Xenon. If Xenon launches with Halo 3 or PD0, i'm going to have to pick it up, though.

jedimike

It's only $150 bucks and comes with 2 games... Xenon will be twice that much for the cheap version. Cheaper entertainment for Xbox.

i was honestly tempted to, i wanted Halo 2 so badly, but then i remembered my brother left his old Xbox at my house in the living room when he bought a new one cause he said it was broken. Rented Halo 2 and tried it out and what do you know? It works! $150 saved bitches!

_Angelus_

Banned
If you can afford it then buy an Xbox as soon as possible. Besides the Halo,Project Gotham, and Rallysport series theres Lots of great 3rd party suppport and almost always the best version too.

Also keep in mind that Xennon probably won't have backwards compatability either,you'd have to buy an Xbox to play the games that are out now anyways.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fable was going to sell me an Xbox... but since that didn't turn out to be the game I wanted, I held off. At this point, I think I'll just be satisfied with my PS2 and Cube, as far as this gen's consoles go.

There's a load of great games on the Xbox you can play for a year and get them at a good price. I say go for it. You'll just be waiting for good games to release for the Xbox 2 in your opinion because backwards compatability is probably out because of nVidia. There's a much greater chance it will not be there as opposed to it being there.

"It's only $150 bucks and comes with 2 games... Xenon will be twice that much for the cheap version. Cheaper entertainment for Xbox."

Three to four games if you wait for a deal. EBgames has the JSRF / Sega GT Disc for free with the Xbox today.

Mrbob

Bishman said:
But know that Microsoft will bring the Xenon out in late '05. It’s the only thing holding me back from buying Xbox and Halo 2. :(

Why don't you buy Xbox and Halo 2 now, and then buy Xbox 2 in 2007 when it is 150-200 bucks and Halo 3 is coming out.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I don't know what the status is on backward compatibility right now, but if you want to play Halo 2 you might as well buy the system now. You could end up waiting a year and still needing the original xbox to play it.

Bishman

Mrbob said:
Why don't you buy Xbox and Halo 2 now, and then buy Xbox 2 in 2007 when it is 150-200 bucks and Halo 3 is coming out.

lol good idea. The power of the Halo franchise.

I will wait till black friday and see if there are better deals going on.

CrimsonSkies said:
I say go for it. You'll just be waiting for good games to release for the Xbox 2 in your opinion because backwards compatability is probably out because of nVidia. There's a much greater chance it will not be there as opposed to it being there.

Good point, almost forgot about bc.

Id wait until at least Feb. If Xenon's coming out next year they'll probably start showing it by then. Maybe you'll be glad you waited.

Tim

Well I picked a crystal xbox up last thursday and must say I don't regret it. Halo 2 kicks serious ass.

lexi

Banned
I'm uploading my 'Opening Xbox and Halo 2' video, where I detail the rigorous process of clearing the dust particles out of the component inputs on my TV. Watch this space!

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I brought an Xbox a few months ago, got some great deals on games like

Halo + Controler Bundle for the price of a Budget title
Splinter Cell + Ghost Recon Bundle cheaper then a single budget title
MGS2;S Budget title price
GTA double pack
Halo 2

Complements my Gamecube very well, plus I love western RPG’s and because I use a P3 laptop I have missed out on

KOTOR
Morrowind
Fable

fallout

I've got a Crystal Xbox (bundled w/ Fable and Crimson Skies) ordered from Futureshop. Now if they would just confirm my order, I'd be happy.

Seriously, I've been waiting for a good holiday deal to buy one with and this seemed like the best time. I know that Fable didn't live up to what it was intended to be, but for that price and from what I've heard that's good about the game, I doubt I'll be complaining.

luxsol

I'm waiting for another price cut (come on 99.99!) and also to see if the Xenon will be backwards compatible. I already own two games for Xbox too. I can wait, considering i have a huge backlog of games for my other consoles.

Rorschach

It's 3 games if you buy it at Target (where I bought my most recent box). Top Spin, NCAA and Crimson Skies. I already had CS, but it's the same price for 1 extra game :p

Lol, I just gave mine away last week.Only had Midtown Madness 3 and Halo but never played it, Halo got a little bit repetitive after a few levels and MM3 was fun for maybe 2 hours.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I might be picking up a normal xbox (not the crystal one) either today or tommorow. Frankly, I find that most of the games on Xbox are shit, but Halo and Halo 2 are a good enough reason for me to get one. Plus i'm getting a new widescreen sony wega on Wednesday and the Xbox will be a good compliment to it.

Finally I will have all 3 major consoles of this gen.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I'm going to join the multiconsole club this december at the latest. Too many good games to miss out on.

Top Bottom