• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has all 290 Melee trophies??

For some reason the past few weeks I've dedicated myself to getting every single SSB Melee trophy, a feat much easier deciphered in word than practice. I currently have 288 (just got the smash coin trophy last night after a marathon, since my friends and I NEVER play coin) and now only have two left; the one where you need to receive points for every bonus category, and the one where you must beat Adventure mode on Hard or Very Hard without continuing. I think that one will be easier than the bonus trophy....

Anyway, it's been 3 years, so who has all 290 trophies?

What about the ones where you had to get them directly from Nintendo at special events? Like Samus with her helmet off or Mario of Yoshi or something? Anyone remember?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Have 284 or something close. The biggies I still have to get are the Crazy Hand and the one from earning every 'named bonus' in battle.

I think the Japan promotions count as 291-2 or something.

raYne

Are you sure it's 290? That number sounds odd for some reason. Anyway
*raises hand* If it isn't 290, then I have everything you can get via normal means.

I always get unlock everything possible in a game, lets me feel like I got my money's worth from all the play time.

LakeEarth

Once you find out there is no way to get the 1-2 Japan only ones, it kinda ruins the thrill. And the thought of trying to get every bonus in the game (and there are hundreds, some tough to get too), I just gave up at 288.

LakeEarth said:
Once you find out there is no way to get the 1-2 Japan only ones, it kinda ruins the thrill. And the thought of trying to get every bonus in the game (and there are hundreds, some tough to get too), I just gave up at 288.

Same here. I was all crazy for collecting every trophy till I heard it was impossible. Then I sorta just gave up and stopped playing.

0wn3d

I have 281. IIRC, I'm missing the Giga Bowser, Crazy Hand, Diskun, and some others. I have unlocked everything else (score counter, etc.).

I'm more working on getting EVERY Pokemon on one cart (Leaf Green)...

Swordian

I have 290.

I wanted to max out the number per trophy because they have counters, but unfortunately the counters are buggy. It will count past 99, but only has a 2 digit display. So my 99 Marth trophies are now 100, but the display says 10.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Both me/my brother and my friends up at school got all 290 (we're hardcore into this game)... the Disk-kun one was almost impossible to get, I breathed a sigh of relief when I got it :D But we never got to 1 million matches... surprisingly (we had a club at school devoted to playing this game all the time, with 40+ members at its height)

Top Bottom