• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who the fuck watches those shitty Jackie Chan movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all HBO is playing right now. FUCK. "The Tuxedo" and "The Medallion."

STOP IT, HBO. I have all 11 HBO's, but after I pass the second Jackie Chan movie, I just turn the tv off. Who thought he could be a comedian? I don't care for that wire-fu shit, either.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jackie Chan doesn't really have any good American films, a shame. Unless Rumble in the Bronx counts, which was actually ok...

Same thing for Jet Li, he has some pretty shitty movies besides Kiss of the Dragon

darscot

I watch his movies in FF and Slow Mo.

Fast food to the stunts, wow watch in slow mo.. repeat. If you can't FF there horrible.

Wario64 said:
Jackie Chan doesn't really have any good American films, a shame. Unless Rumble in the Bronx counts, which was actually ok...
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said American films, but you couldn't have, since Rumble in the Bronx was Canadian

WOO CHAN

Also, Shanghai Noon rocked bitches

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I really respect Jackie for his charm and fighting choreography , but "The Tuxedo" and "The Medallion" are just very bad movies.

When referring to "American" Jackie Chan films, those are the ones with an American production, as opposed to a Hong Kong production. Rumble In The Bronx was essentially an HK movie. But whatever, I thought that Rush Hour 1 and 2 were good, as was Shanghai Noon (haven't seen Knights yet), although all of his U.S. made movies terribly under-utilize his martial arts skills. My favorites are Operation Condor, Legend Of Drunken Master (DM 2), and the Police Story series. Supercop was pretty good, too.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I dislike Jackie's "Hollywood" films as much as other fans.

City Hunter was also one of his greatest flicks :p If you want funny Jackie, watch City Hunter!

~HAVING FUN~~~ YES~~! OH CITY HUNTER!~~ ;)

SaitoH

His older stuff is better, but I like all his movies. I don't bother seeing them in the theatres anymore, but I make sure to rent them when they're released on DVD.

*shrugs*

karasu

darscot said:
Wow RITB looks a heck of allot like Vancouver for a HK movie.

lol, if a Hollywood movie is filmed in Tibet, does it become a Tibetan movie?

Rumble in the Bronx was filmed in Canada sure, but it was financed, directed, choreographed, distributed and acted, by Hong Kong and Hong Kong crews.

darscot

I'm fairly confident that you want to film in BC your going to be using some BC crews. So a major portion of the creative whatever was Canadian.

=W=

I think I'm the only person in the world that got some enjoyment out of The Medallion. I actually laughed a few times and I thought the scene in the forest was excellent. Never saw The Tuxedo though.

Leon

Jackie Chan's amazing. Unfortunately, he's also delusional.

He wants to become a "real actor", as he keeps putting it in interviews. He doesn't want to be associated with martial arts, and instead he wants to achieve the iconic status of Robert de Niro or Al Pacino in terms of his acting. He complains when people recognize him because of his martial arts and not his acting. Which is why he's taking up roles like The Medallion and The Tuxedo.

It's pretty stupid. It's like Bruce Willis whining for not getting recognized as the singer of his band.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jacobi said:
Wasn't Kiss of the Dragon a French movie ? Hmm...but it has a kickass American OST, too.

The score or the soundtrack with 'mainstream' music on it? I want the score but I can't find it, composed by Craig Armstrong

karasu

darscot said:
I'm fairly confident that you want to film in BC your going to be using some BC crews. So a major portion of the creative whatever was Canadian.

The movie was released in Canada more than a YEAR after it came out in Hong Kong. Sure candians worked on it, as it was Supposed to be the Bronx, so they needed some non chinese people. But it was a HK movie, in every way. Location doesn't matter. Jackie always films all over the world. The MEdallion had brits up the ass, but it's a HK movie. Jackie just tries to include the international audience.

And he will be great as a straighta ctor, just like Sammo. hes done it before.

MASB

Mike Works said:
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said American films, but you couldn't have, since Rumble in the Bronx was Canadian
I never knew the Bronx had mountains until I saw Jackie's movie. ;)

BTW, my biggest problem with The Medallion was the love relationship between Jackie and Claire Forlani. Whether it was bad acting, bad script, or just wrong casting on either part, their relationship wasn't convincing at all. When they first meet up, they're supposed to have some sort of past, but their awkwardness doesn't convey that, it just looks stilted and insincere. You don't think, 'wow, these two really had something way back when.'

Rumble in the Bronx was shot in Vancouver cause it was cheaper and easier to film than in New York. It's a Golden Harvest produced film, which is a HK movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom