• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's going to the CNAnime Expo 2004 (Toronto)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerbelly

Banned
I've never been to an anime convention/expo before. That kwoon video got me a little interested so I'd like to take the opportunity to see how it is like since one is coming up.

Who's been to one of these? Any good/bad stories to tell? Suggestions/advice before going?

beerbelly

Banned
Pocky? lol I dont want to end up like those typical 'otaku's...

Eh Mugen, you should go... we can have a GA meet up or something since a lot of us live in Toronto....

There is some anime convention at Wonderland this year....Paracon or something

I'm definitely bringing my camera to work that day

border

Is that Pocky stuff any good....or is it just some crap chow for sad Japanophiles? "Generic candy tastes so much better when it's from Japan!!!" *ejaculates*

beerbelly

Banned
Pocky are like cookie sticks in several flavours... Chocolate, strawberry, almond, tomato (personal fave) and regular and more... It's actually pretty decent.

neptunes

what's the difference between this and the Anime North they hold on Airport Rd?

is this a more bastardized version?

srst

There will have 4 events held in the same building. Anime, comic, SCI-FI and Horror.
I haven't been to an expo before, so I'm going.

MTCC_Pic.gif

Heres the link to it
http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConToronto/CC_Main.asp

Jason

The one on Airport Road is strictly anime whereas this one is anime/sci-fi/comic all lumped together. More big name guests at this one too.

I used to volunteer at this a few years ago so I could get in for free. Got to mooch a lot of swag too. :p

Tuvoc

beerbelly said:
Pocky are like cookie sticks in several flavours... Chocolate, strawberry, almond, tomato (personal fave) and regular and more... It's actually pretty decent.

they taste like koala yummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom