• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Gamespot shunning Halo 2 coverage and cover stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen 6 cover stories in the past few months that lasted all weekend on GTA:SA.

I've seen one Halo2 cover story, the negative 'Hype Hoax' piece.

Considering there are more Halo 2 pre-orders than GTA:SA(as reported last week on G4TV) then, why isn't Gamespot buying into the apparent consumer interest in Halo 2?

It seems as if they are doing their best to IGNORE it while PROMOTE GTA:SA every weekend they get.

I dare Kasivin to reply to this thread and explain his website's editorial choices. ALso, what happened to Tor Thorsen? Fired for being too overtly biased? HAHA :D

EDIT:

BeOnEdge said:
errr...because GTA is closer in release than Halo 2?

By one month, yet we have had a non-stop barrage of coverage of the game for 6 weekends straight.

They are doing their best to underhype Halo 2. Every person professional or not is talking about it's release, except for Gamespot. Gamespot's only contribution has been the NEGATIVE editorial on the 'I love bees' thing.

Guess what website will have a GTA:SA coverstory next friday through sunday? GAMESPOT.

Someone isn't very bright.

banned.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom