• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why is MM4 so much harder than MM3?

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i don't know if it's just me but a few minutes ago i finished up mega man 3 like it ain't no thing, and am getting thoroughly pounded by mega man 4. the platforming segments are absoloutely brutal on the timing in comparison to the previous games - even more so than bomb man's stage in mega man!

wthat aosdifjoijsd

CrunchyB

Megaman 3 is easy.

I had the same thing with MM2, I could easily stomp all over MM3, but I never did beat Wiley's last form in MM2. :(

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
last form in MM2 is cake once you figure out the jump pattern. it's a bitch getting it under control, though, especially 'cos MM2 doesn't conserve energy canisters between continues.

belgurdo

Banned
Level difficulty was probably upped to counter the fact that Rock now had a variable power buster (with creative use can be used to kill every boss in the game with easily) on top of sliding and a ton of Rush abilities

EmSeta

I don't think MM4 is harder than MM3.. in fact I don't find any of the Mega Man games to be hard, aside from a few bosses here and there (some of Wily's last forms for example, the UFO in MM7 is a BITCH).

By the way - didn't they make the Mechadragon fight in MM2 easier in the AC? I recall having to keep jumping on blocks to the right after beating him.. or am I confusing it with one of the MMX games? I just remember him being so damn difficult earlier, even with the boomerangs. Now I just beat him with the mega buster without hardly getting hit.

I think you're confusing that battle with something else. There was no jumping after you kill him, that's for sure. I've always thought he was an easy boss, with boomerangs or mega buster.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Yes, Megaman 4 is harder than Megaman 3. This is partially because the enemies now take more regular shots to kill (because they added the charge shot) and also because the levels themselves are deadlier. In most of the regular MM games you just run though the levels shooting stuff but in MM4 there are all kinds of obstacles that you have to overcome such as the rain/wind/water in Toad Man's stage, those goofy dipping platforms in Bright Man's stage, the wall that crushes you in Dust Man's stage, and so on.

nubbe

I had a hard time beating Diveman and Toadman's stages when I was a kid, but I could run thru MM2 & 3 rather easy… good times

Swordian

CrunchyB said:
Megaman 3 is easy.

I had the same thing with MM2, I could easily stomp all over MM3, but I never did beat Wiley's last form in MM2. :(

You're not talking about the blindingly obvious figure eight pattern, are you? Even as a little kid I never got hit during it. You just bust out the Bubble Lead and do a little dodging.

Top Bottom