• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Ma and Pop operations rule...

Willco

Hollywood Square
At exactly 12 AM, I walked into Gamer Junction, an independently owned videogame store and walked out at 12:01 AM with my copy of Halo 2. Not to far away, I swore I could hear the screams of rape and choas from a EB Games store.

Huzzah! I've been playing multiplayer for an hour.

I wish we had more stores like this.

Willco said:
At exactly 12 AM, I walked into Gamer Junction, an independently owned videogame store and walked out at 12:01 AM with my copy of Halo 2. Not to far away, I swore I could hear the screams of rape and choas from a EB Games store.

similar story, but i got mine at 7PM :D

thom

Most gaming sole proprieterships around here wont be getting Halo 2 for a couple more days...sucks to be them.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The Faceless Master said:
similar story, but i got mine at 7PM :D

Pfft. The time between 7 PM and 12 AM that you blew on Halo 2 allowed me to do things like eat food and watch television. That's five hours of your life you'll never get back!

Willco said:
Pfft. The time between 7 PM and 12 AM that you blew on Halo 2 allowed me to do things like eat food and watch television. That's five hours of your life you'll never get back!
actually, after i bought it, i went and hung out for 2 hours watching my friend playing VF at 14th street...

then i got home and logged into LIVE with the game and made a clan...

then i had some nice italian food for dinner...

then i helped my brother out with some technical issues...

then casually played one game online at around 11:15PM...

havent played since... but i will soon!!!

Nos_G

I agree, I walked into my local store and there were about 8 ppl waiting for midnight.

5 minutes later I was the proud owner of the CE version...

This game rocks city blocks.

madara

Willco said:

Totally agree, but 80's are vastily gone. Everytime shop at place like Walmart it kills that more each time.

Top Bottom