• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why My Toys'R'Us is Special

I'm sure I'm the only Gaffer holding down Jackson, Mississippi at the moment (and, thankfully, for just a week longer) So I'm sure I was the only person to walk into the Jackson TRU expecting a 3-fer-2 deal. Bitch acted like I was crazy.

Them being out of the loop does has it's advantages, however.
Outrun2.jpg

Memles

Scoobert said:
No bitch, you're crazy! It's 2 for 1! It's buy 2 games get one for free, not buy 3 games get 2 for free. That's why she looked at you crazy, ahaha. :D

You DO realize they're the same thing, right?

Pffft, there's virtually no chance of me playing this for a month or more. I got an ear infection like you don't know what. Picked up P.N. 03 and Viewtiful (finally) too, probably try VJ.

jedimike

This is what I wrote earlier.

Just got done playing for a couple hours. First off, the actual Arcade re-creation is really just a tiny portion of this game. I was expecting something I would finish in a couple days (possibly hours)... no way. It's not burnout 3 huge, but there is a lot of meat to the game. The challenge portion is really what sets OutRun 2 apart from the arcade and into your Xbox. It's what makes the game worth $40.

+ Music - Especially "Life was a Bore."
+ Game Length - Not as short as I first believed
+ Racing variety - Keeps the game fresh
+ Xbox Live - of course

- Definitely some framerate issues. Not so much in arcade mode, but you'll see it in race mode.
- Transition Areas - takes about 10-15 seconds to transition from one area to the next. The landscape in the transition area is bare.
- Menu system - Not very user friendly.

Gek54

Scoobert said:
Of course but its considered a 2 for 1 sale, marketing wise anyway. You're just going to confuse people if you say anything else.

People under the age math comprehinsion?

jedimike

Fixed2BeBroken said:
im sure the music is great....but....is there an option for custom soundtracks?

No there isn't... which kind of sucks. But Sega does a good job of unlocking items in a timely manner. Some of those items are music tracks. So you'll want to pick your "new" unlocked music in your next series of races.

I don't know how to describe it, but the music is classic Amusement Vision stuff. With Burnout 3 I wanted "My Own Music", but with Outrun 2, I don't mind being entertained with what they give me. Maybe because the tunes are subtle, catchy, and not in your face EA licensed crap. It's got a 70's flare to it and is perfectly suited for the game. In fact, I caught myself humming one of the tunes this morning at work.

raYne

The hell? I'm ashamed for humanity...

BTGO = Buy two games get one free = 3 total.
Two for one = two games for the price of one (buy one get one free) = 2 total.

Fucking educational system.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'll just mention that TRU isn't the only store breaking dates. A whole stack of these were on the shelf of a local Coconuts(music/movie store) in downtown chicago early last week.

And yes, the orange tab was on every single copy in plain view.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You missed a few threads about this a few days ago. :)

I got mine too; one TRU was willing to do it, the other near me wouldn't budge on it.

Top Bottom