• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven 8 - the clubs

Solid

http://www.playfrance.com/news/0958563951.html

4249.jpg

Solid

I think these teams are new to WE8/PES4:

Blackburn, Everton, Middlesbrough, Charlton, Bolton, Kaiserlaurten, Stuttgart, Bochum, Hanover 96, Nice, Sochaux, Santos, Cruzeiro, Sampdoria, Siena, Sparta Prag, Basel, Mallorca, Sevilla, Villareal, Alabecete, Zaragoza, Boca Juniors, River Plate.

Plus some more that you probably must edit yourself.

Solid

The_Jack said:
Basel are from Switzerland.
Yeah I know. The picture is originally from China and I don't think they are too good at english over there. They even spelled Real Madrid (Real Madir) wrong ;)

Socreges

Banned
I think these teams are new to WE8/PES4:

Blackburn, Everton, Middlesbrough, Charlton, Bolton, Kaiserlaurten, Stuttgart, Bochum, Hanover 96, Nice, Sochaux, Santos, Cruzeiro, Sampdoria, Siena, Sparta Prag, Basel, Mallorca, Sevilla, Villareal, Alabecete, Zaragoza, Boca Juniors, River Plate.
Blackburn, Stuttgart, and Everton were in WE7/PES3.

Southampton, Lisboa, Lokomotiv, and Atletico Bilbao are also new.

Boca Jrs and River Plate have been in past games, but were removed recently because they were out of place among all the European teams.
Included are: Canada
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

FINALLY.

Socreges

Banned
u_neek said:
LOL @ HOland

And where the hell is denmark??
No love for Denmark. Hell, Sweden only has one team and for the first time.

Keep in mind that for each additional team, that's a wealth of players. It takes a lot of time and video, I'd suspect, to get the proper attributes.

Solid

Sweden has no team. They've just mixed up Sweden and Switzerland. Rosenborg deserves to be in though, but that's Norway. Too bad there is no love for Sweden or Denmark teams, but I guess they don't have what it takes anyway.

Why are there so many english teams if the best league is the spanish???

Just a question, will they be real clubs or we will see again aragon as manchester united

Solid

"Any Euro releasedate on this one yet?"

My bet is middle October.

"Why are there so many english teams if the best league is the spanish??"

I dunno. It might have to do with UK being the biggest market for games or something. I do agree that the spanish league is the best one though. I love La Liga - especially now when Henrik Larsson plays for Barcelona :D

"Just a question, will they be real clubs or we will see again aragon as manchester united"

I don't know yet. The game is released in August in Japan, maybe we'll get some answers then. But there will be more real teams then there was in PES3/WE7, that's for sure.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I loved KO2 - but club wise, you've got to doff your cap at Sensi World of Soccer...

I mean, it was pretty much every division on the planet, covering an insane number of countries (Indian national team was in there)

Plus the stupid teams (Crisp flavours for instance).

The Kick off series died after KO2 - Goal was too buggy and the less said about the 3d efforts the better.

I wonder what Dino Dini is doing now.... (probably playing winning eleven)

shpankey

not an idiot
Is this still coming to the Xbox? Also, will it come to the US? Lastly, will it be online on Xbox Live?

Also, I have PES3 on the PC, and while visually stunning (mind boggling would be a better word), I am finding FIFA 2004 on the PC to be the funner game. With the addition of some user made patches, FIFA 2004 is plain awesome. It's just more fun than PES3 in my opinion. Not that PES3 is bad, cause it's NOT. It rocks, but it isn't as fun and the problems I have with it irk me a little more than FIFA's problems. BTW... I have The Wolf EPL&CL Final PES3 PC Patch and it kicks fucking ass...

Things that bother me about PES3 on PC though...

- 8 way directional control instead of true analog control. This really sucks. I don't understand why they did this (?).

- There just isn't any power on shots at all. The ball simply moves way, way to slow and it looks like my grandma could block these shots. It's not very exciting and it really lets all the air out of the game for me.

- Off the ball play by CPU controlled players on your team is kinda whack. They don't do shit on their own. You have to switch to them to get them to disposses a man from the ball. Granted, FIFA does this a little to, but not as bad. PES3 playes are just so stale.

- The players move a tad to slow, nothing major but slightly annoying as it makes the game drag a little.

-The passing isn't quite as good as FIFA's.

- The difficulty is off (for me -granted this only applies to me). At level 3 I find the game too easy, and level 4 (stars) I find the game too hard and it's almost like the game is cheating by just making their players faster, stronger, better etc instead of making them smarter. I hate when games do this... I want a games AI to be smart and beat me that way, not beat me because all their guys run faster and are stronger and more accurate.

Things that suck about FIFA 2004...

-Graphics can't touch PES3's. I mean, not even close. PES3's graphics are incredible and at the same time run very VERY smooth even on a low end system. FIFA's graphics look average and run like shit even on a top end system (I have a top of the line system). Which leads to my next point...

-Framerate is atrocious. I can't run above 800x600 resolution with only 2xFSAA and 4xAF. WTF? PES3 runs with everything maxed as smooth as butter, and this game runs like shit with these low settings. Grrr.

There is not really any way to get past a defender with any "moves". You basically can only advance if you either pass your way up the field, or if the defender keeps his space and doesn't try to disposses you. I would have like to been able to "break a defender down" by doing a move or two (PES3 does this well).

I realize I am about to get reemed by everyone here who worships PES3 and hates FIFA, but I can't help it. I still think both games are good, so don't get me wrong. And you should see PES3 at 1280x1024x32 with 6xFSAA and 16xAF... the graphics defy description. I could sit here and give superlatives all night and it wouldn't do the game justice. Some of these stadiums just blow my mind, the detail on them... they look so fucking real, so detailed and so huge. The obliterate FIFA 2004's stadiums.

But as great as they are, FIFA is a lot more fun to me. But I know a lot of people are not going to like what I've said in this post. Go easy on me... it's just an honest opinion.

Anyways, I am looking forward more to FIFA 2005 because it will come out in the US on Xbox and will include Xbox Live play. I don't know if PES 4 will do that. And damn, that 8 way directional control sucks some major fucking ass too... they need to fix that shit on PES 4.

shpankey

not an idiot
Socreges said:
Which would make sense considering I strongly disagree with every one of your complaints.

Are you saying the console version doesn't suffer from 8 way directional control? Interesting.

Socreges

Banned
shpankey said:
Are you saying the console version doesn't suffer from 8 way directional control? Interesting.
No, I thought you were referring to the lack of an analog stick on your keyboard.

That said, I would never complain about the 8 way movement. It allows the game to control in a way that would be impossible with full analog control.

shpankey

not an idiot
Socreges said:
No, I thought you were referring to the lack of an analog stick on your keyboard.

That said, I would never complain about the 8 way movement. It allows the game to control in a way that would be impossible with full analog control.

No, I have a PS2 adapter that lets me use a PS2 controller on my PC.

And your last statement is absolutely rediculous! 8 way control is shit compared to full analog control.

Fowler

"Lisboa" are not new -- it's probably Benfica, who were in WE7I. Sparta Prague were also in WE7I.

And it's interesting to see that while they've brought back Boca and River Plate from Argentina, the two Brazilian teams are new... weren't they Palmeiras and Vasco da Gama last time?

selig

Banned
Yeah, my club Hanover 96 is in! Although it's a small club. Hum, I wonder why Konami includes it?
Now I even want WE8 more! I'll preorder it asap. :)

Socreges

Banned
And your last statement is absolutely rediculous! 8 way control is shit compared to full analog control.
I guess it would be ridiculous if you don't understand what I'm talking about. Think about it. Analog control is not difficult to implement. Konami has chosen the route they have because the base fundamentals are what makes the rest of the system possible and so intuitive. In fact, I think the system they have lends itself to why the gameplay remains so far ahead of FIFA's. Perhaps, in their ever-continuing game of catch-up, EA may adopt the same control. :p
And it's interesting to see that while they've brought back Boca and River Plate from Argentina, the two Brazilian teams are new... weren't they Palmeiras and Vasco da Gama last time?
Hm, you're right. Palmeiras was definitely in there. Forgot the other one.

Volt

No Belgian teams WTF ? We have at least one team in the Champion's League every year, but neither Anderlecht or Club Brugge are included in WE8 :s

Socreges

Banned
cja said:
Such an obvious fake, Basle in Sweden!
I wouldn't go by that.

However, considering Konami announced 138 clubs and there are only 84 there, yes, it is fake. I should have been more skeptical.

Top Bottom