• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. I can join in watching the smut.

2ag0ny8jpg.gif

gMooC.gif

BluWacky

Impossible. All my 冗談 are 上段.

Please never stop posting any of your 洒落. Never.

読めない 嫁、ナイ

This sounds like the basis of a LN title... Even If My Little Sister Is Illiterate, She Can Still Get Hitched, or something like that...

wonzo

Banned
Senyu. 1

senyu1.jpg

This wasn't bad at all. Could this finally be Yamakan's redemption???!!? Probably not but I'll stick with it!!!

Cardfight!! Vanguard 29 (engDub) -
tumblr_mgbzwqw7dT1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mgbzwqw7dT1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Toshiki Kai fights are always the best, a cowardly move by Team Q4 to let him go first but his intensity and cool attitude while in a cardfight are really the best parts. Second half was good actually, like two superior rides, epic cards like CEO Amatarasu and the Goddess of the Half Moon Tsukuyomi and its line.

Dont know how or what to expect when they go against Team Asteroid, and its even without Ren Suzugamori, though we have 30+ episodes left so they could lose and play him again? I dunno.

The ending theme has really grown on me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wandering Son 1

Hm, wow. Ok. Sometimes I like to start a show without knowing anything about it. In this case, doing so left me really disoriented. If the fact that every single character has the same face wasn't enough, two of them are also struggling while trying to find their true identities. You may call me dumb, but the first half of the episode confused the hell out of me.

Still, it was very entertaining. The visuals are clean and nice, the voices have a strange touch of innocence to them, and the background songs make the viewer think he's listening to a music box playlist. These three factors create a really great atmosphere when mixed up. There are also some pretty neat shots.

I chuckled at the beginning when the protagonist said something along the lines of "middle-schoolers seem so mature," but the fact is that this show is clearly much more mature than 99% of all the high-school life shows out there.

Looking forward to the rest.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well Preliminary pairing as of EP2 is Cure Peace and the red head Osaka-ben character. I'm sure it will change though!

Funny you should say that considering they just got paired in battle for the first time ever this week, lol.

Enjoy your crack pairing before your mind almost assuredly changes in the next two episodes.

Theonik

On Your Mark - A music video by Hayao Miyazaki
idbexJwcGDc49.png

Randomly discovered this today. It was pretty fantastic and with quite a lot of sakuga especially for a music video. It runs about 6 minutes long and basically is the story of a girl being chased by some sort of testing organisation to run experiments on her. It's pretty :Miyazaki in quite a lot of things. The song for which it's a music video isn't bad either. I'd post more about it but it's short enough and needs to be experienced to properly explain. (don't want to spoil much)

Funny you should say that considering they just got paired in battle for the first time ever this week, lol.

Enjoy your crack pairing before your mind almost assuredly changes in the next two episodes.
We shall see, as I said too early to call OTPs!

Everyone needs to read the modern day masterpiece that is Ressentiment.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/manga/ressentiment2.png
:lol

stryke

What's not to like about Kira and Lacus? lol. Kirito is also the second coming of Kira.

Are you a real junior or a fake junior like chickdigger.

Didn't say there was anything particularly wrong with that. Gundam Seed is one of my favs (mostly for nostalgic reasons as it was one earlier series I had watched when I started getting into anime) but I still find it amazing nonetheless that Kira/Lacus still manage to stay on that list to this day.

trejo

Wandering Son 1

Hm, wow. Ok. Sometimes I like to start a show without knowing anything about it. In this case, doing so left me really disoriented. If the fact that every single character has the same face wasn't enough, two of them are also struggling while trying to find their true identities. You may call me dumb, but the first half of the episode confused the hell out of me.

Yeah, this was an issue back when it was airing if I recall. Don't worry, though. You'll come to grow familiar with each character eventually.

Didn't say there was anything particularly wrong with that. Gundam Seed is one of my favs (mostly for nostalgic reasons as it was one earlier series I had watched when I started getting into anime) but I still find it amazing nonetheless that Kira/Lacus still manage to stay on that list to this day.

I thought theyre up there cause seed hd and soon seed destiny hd remasters?

Noirulus

Senran Kagura 1

I went into this expecting nothing but a disposable T&A fanservice animu where I could just turn my brain off and enjoy but what I got instead was a very sobering inside look at a brave group of young maidens and the many hardships they must endure every day as they cultivate themselves in that most honorable of disciplines. The way of the ninja.

After all, everyone knows that warring ninja clans that wage secret wars amidst the shadows of modern day japan is a very real, very serious issue and one that everyone should treat with the respect it deserves.

This very clearly is an important work and its cultural and educational value is nigh unmeasurable.

We need more people who are able to appreciate anime like you, trejo. Merely looking at the surface and critiquing such deep content is a total travesty and an insult to the artform.

trejo

idbexJwcGDc49.png

Randomly discovered this today. It was pretty fantastic and with quite a lot of sakuga especially for a music video. It runs about 6 minutes long and basically is the story of a girl being chased by some sort of testing organisation to run experiments on her. It's pretty :Miyazaki in quite a lot of things. The song for which it's a music video isn't bad either. I'd post more about it but it's short enough and needs to be experienced to properly explain. (don't want to spoil much)

I also watched it earlier today, funnily enough. But I do have a habit of revisiting it every now and then.

It really is pretty great.

Yeah, this was an issue back when it was airing if I recall. Don't worry, though. You'll come to grow familiar with each character eventually.

Yeah, the first episode is somewhat disorienting because of them introducing so many characters(the majority of whom all already know each other and have different nicknames that makes things even more confusing), but within a couple of episodes you get to know each of them pretty well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wandering Son 1

Skipping through so much material certainly didn't help. There's a lot of character dynamic missing in this show, and it's the reason I don't find it nearly as engaging as most people here do.

jbug617

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 13

Episode started so nicely but then the drama comes. I really hope that the second half of this series is going to be all drama.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh really. I saw it was airing on Film 4 and decided to have a look, might track the American version just to see.
Well I just assumed that if the British version had bad cockney than the American version will be even worse.

This gif makes my head hurt.
The season of tits and bad camera pans.

I quite like the song for this. The video is also great. Pretty sure I found out about in from GAF. Recommended for Miyazaki fans.

I would almost pay BGBW to edit a semi and some blood splatter onto the end of this.
I'll see what I can do, but I'm off to bed and I'll be concentrating on packing tomorrow.

why pay.

he will do it for free!
One of those nutjobs who still conforms to the old web thinking of everything should be shared to be enjoyed. Why I never stick a watermark on my images.

Kazzy

I thought those were tears of joy every time he sees boobs.

That too!

His interest in Senran Kagura long pre-dated the anime.

Senran Kagura 1

I went into this expecting nothing but a disposable T&A fanservice animu where I could just turn my brain off and enjoy but what I got instead was a very sobering inside look at a brave group of young maidens and the many hardships they must endure every day as they cultivate themselves in that most honorable of disciplines. The way of the ninja.

After all, everyone knows that warring ninja clans that wage secret wars amidst the shadows of modern day japan is a very real, very serious issue and one that everyone should treat with the respect it deserves.

This very clearly is an important work and its cultural and educational value is nigh unmeasurable.

But mostly for the above reasons, I'm sure!

Never has so little, said so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom