• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Counter-Strike Source just around the corner...

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I'm surprised Valve didn't add any new weapons to the game. Like an FAL or something, or a new pistol of some kind. There's thousands of guns out there, pick at least 2!

But then again, die-hard Counter-Strike players don't like "new change." Hell, they're still bitching about the new graphics.

They're fucking crazy, I say.

epmode

trippingmartian said:
Is there going to be a full map pack with the final release?
doubtful. there are two maps in development right now (militia + a new one, i think,) but they probably won't go live until december.

Aztec is out. The maps now are cs_havana, cs_italy, cs_office, de_aztec, de_cbble, de_chateau, de_dust, de_dust2, and de_piranesi.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Badabing said:
I'm surprised Valve didn't add any new weapons to the game. Like an FAL or something, or a new pistol of some kind. There's thousands of guns out there, pick at least 2!

But then again, die-hard Counter-Strike players don't like "new change." Hell, they're still bitching about the new graphics.

The weapon types are the same, but how they play has been significantly changed, and for the better.

SKluck

Banned
AFAWK, no knew shit until december. That is their current plan and what they have said, unless they plan to surprise us.

2 new models, they are working on a brand new CSS map, and a couple ports, de_prodigy was named.

firex

I with de_aztec wasn't so stacked in favor of CTs. it's probably the worst map I've seen for that. piranesi is another that gets on my nerves, but it's not so bad, just pretty much requires a team rush and either getting control of that central tower or getting as far away from site A as possible.

as far as guns go, I just wish they'd get rid of the AWP (like that will ever happen) and tone down autosniper damage.

Personally, I don't mind the AWP and autosnipes, but I too wish that they would get rid of them, just so I wouldn't have to hear the constant bitching every time I play Source.

firex

I wouldn't hate the AWP if it wasn't still an easy one shot kill as long as somebody's camping with it. autosniper isn't as bad, especially since it costs more, but it's a little cheesy to see that thing have almost no kick while any other sniper rifle is a lot less accurate.

Queeg

Badabing said:

I'm one of those die-hard Counter-Strike players, having clocked over 4000 hours of play on it, but I'm all for new maps, new weapons anything at all really. I put the blame for not wanting change on the semi-regular player who thinks they barely know what they're playing without anything new being added. Or a handful of twits who took years and 1000's of hours to learn what little they have and don't want to have to go through that again. And new maps make it to hard for cheats to hide wallhacks, as they round one corner shooting at someone they can see only to find they're firing into another wall, and about to be banned by the admin demoing them. ;)

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Yah I hear yah. I've been playing Counter-Strike since the beta and I really love the game, but it really is time for a change. They can't really go downhill from here, luckily

Queeg

Couldn't agree more, with it needing a large change. It'd be good having most people back on relatively equal footing as we're all trying to learn new things again. And freshen up what has become a stale experience. It's still good, but it could be that much better.

Top Bottom