• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

with this TV, I could benefit from acquiring PS4 Neo or Xbox Scorpio? (pic inside)

labx

Banned
Hey guys, first of all, I just want to say, thanks for the help. Second, I own a PS4 and this tv.

televisor+lcd+lg+32+hd+ready+32lf15r+poco+uso+perfecto+estado+de+funcionamiento+bogota,+d.c.+bogota,+d.c.+colombia__642B69_1.jpg

COMMON SPECS
Display Type LCD TV
Screen size (inch) 32

Resolution 1366x768
Brightness (cd / m2) 500
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 50,000: 1
Degree viewing angle 178/178
Response Time (MPRT) 6ms
life (time) 60,000h

VIDEO
Correcting Aspect Ratio 5 Modes (16: 9 / Just Scan / 4: 3 / Zoom / Cinema Zoom)
State mode images 7 Modes (Vivid / Standard / Cinema / Sports / Game / User1 / User2)

CHARACTERISTICS
1080P source input HDMI 60p / 30p / 24p Component 60p / 30p / 24p

Link with the specs in spanish

So, I want to change my PS4 to another one, but I don't know if change it to a Slim or a NEO. I want a better console, only if I can benefit from the purchase. If you guys tell me that I would not be enjoying the power of the NEO because my TV set, then I'll wait to the ps4 to bite the dust (soon, by the sound of it) and buy a Slim.

Again, thank you (at the people who really help)

edit: Its old, I know. But I have to choose between the TV or a new PS4

edit 2: I have that (old) TV at my new house 3 days ago, I have recently moved and I haven't play any games in a while. I had this (new) tv but is in another city

edit 3: Not a tech savvy going through a break up. She has the Smart TV

LF63_LF57_B_zoom_1_inscreen(LF63).jpg

http://www.lg.com/co/televisores/lg-49LF590T-smart-tv-webos

VERDICT: BUY A NEW TV.

Proelite

I highly recommend this following Toshiba TV if you're thinking about getting the new consoles. It has the added feature of an included VCR player.

5eb02e11842ceba05e36483ed84a4704.jpg

Hard to say since we don't know specifics about either system, but presumably you'll get some benefit since some games will likely add effects or have better textures or whatever along with resolution increases.

Personally if I was you I'd skip both consoles and upgrade your TV instead.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It belongs in a museum. That TV is more appropriate for 360 and PS3. If you bought the slim, you'd already get gains on it from downsampling down from 1080p, even though it would be identical to your current set up

With this TV you're not benefiting of the current PS4 you already have......

The TV cant even handle your current PS4.

That's probably not entirely true, I haven't experienced it but I'm sure that Uncharted 4 looks way better than 3 even at 768p, for example. I used my 360 with an SD set for the first year or so I had it and games like Gears still looked great, even if they looked even more impressive after I got an HD set.

Regardless you'd still benefit more from the PlayStation you have and a modern TV than you would from a new console OP.

That's probably not entirely true, I haven't experienced it but I'm sure that Uncharted 4 looks way better than 3 even at 768p, for example. I used my 360 with an SD set for the first year or so I had it and games like Gears still looked great, even if they looked even more impressive after I got an HD set.

Regardless you'd still benefit more from the PlayStation you have and a modern TV than you would from a new console OP.

It is true though.

Uncharted 4 looks better in 1080p. Unless you are arguing that?

edit: Its old, I know. But I have to choose between the TV or a new PS4

TV, no question. Not like you'll be able to play any unique games by upgrading your PS4.

You have a current console and a TV that was outdated years ago, how are you even debating this?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It is true though.

Uncharted 4 looks better in 1080p. Unless you are arguing that?
The point is that Uncharted 4 isn't just Uncharted 3 with a higher resolution.

It's Uncharted with better animations, better lighting, more geometrical complexity, better effects etc.

GuyKazama

With a new TV, you're going to see a massive improvement. You won't get that improvement with your current set and an upgraded console -- you probably wouldn't even notice a change.

The point is that Uncharted 4 isn't just Uncharted 3 with a higher resolution.

It's Uncharted with better animations, better lighting, more geometrical complexity, better effects etc.

Yup. I think the Neo is a little more unclear but presumably Scorpio will allow for a lot of improvements you won't need a 4K (or even 1080p) TV to appreciate.

But OP, get a new TV.

Not a debate... not at all, l'm looking for advice.

I wasn't saying you're arguing or anything, just surprised you're looking for advice when one thing is clearly much more out of date than the other.

labx

Banned
Yup. I think the Neo is a little more unclear but presumably Scorpio will allow for a lot of improvements you won't need a 4K (or even 1080p) TV to appreciate.

But OP, get a new TV.

I wasn't saying you're arguing or anything, just surprised you're looking for advice when one thing is clearly much more out of date than the other.

Not a tech savvy going through a break up. She has the Smart TV

westman

You won't benefit from higher resolutions than 1080p, but chances are that both Neo and Scorpio will provide some improvements for 1080p TVs as well, and you would benefit from those. It could be a higher or more stable framerate, being able to do away with rendering in sub-native resolution, better draw distance, improved effects, etc.

labx

Banned
You won't benefit from higher resolutions than 1080p, but chances are that both Neo and Scorpio will provide some improvements for 1080p as well, and you would benefit from those. It could be a higher or more stable framerate, being able to do away with rendering in sub-native resolution, better draw distance, improved effects, etc.

Hmmm I see. So, I guess the right move is to buy a new TV, I didn't have any issues with my old TV (The one that my ex owns now). Maybe that same tv is more cheap right now.

Noobcraft

The TV is the bottleneck in your setup. Going for a Neo or Scorpio would be wasteful outside of maybe running games at a higher framerate if devs go that way.

Top Bottom