• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•23-25•17 - Transformers snore than meets the eye, Woman keeps up with Cars

kswiston

Tom Holland is 20/21 playing a 15 year old. Dafne would be somewhere around 15-16 by the time the next movie gets made, which means she'd be considered for 12-13 year old roles by Hollywood standards.

Girls typically play closer to their own age in those early teenage years.

Girls typically play closer to their own age in those early teenage years.

I was looking at it as something like Hailee Steinfield as a 19 year old playing 16-17 in Edge of Seventeen, then I looked at her filmography as realized she played a 14 year old at 13 in True Grit, so I guess you're right.

If Mangold wants her to star, she'll star, The Wolverine gave him the cache to do Logan and Logan gave him the cache to do whatever he wants

I'm curious as to whether Fox might actually try to push Jackman & Stewart for awards consideration.

I think they will.

Depending on how much they wanna spend on campaigning, it might work, too.

Can you imagine Stewart getting one of the Academy Classic "this is for your whole career" Supporting Actor awards for LOGAN

kswiston

I'm curious as to whether Fox might actually try to push Jackman & Stewart for awards consideration.

I think they will.

Depending on how much they wanna spend on campaigning, it might work, too.

Can you imagine Stewart getting one of the Academy Classic "this is for your whole career" Supporting Actor awards for LOGAN

I could maybe see a nomination for Stewart. I doubt Jackman gets anything. The Greatest Showman probably hurts his chances if it is good.

Yeah, but imagine the Best Actor clip!

"And the nominees are... Hugh Jackman: Logan"
*clip fades in*
"At least... At least there's water. There's..."
*Slams shovel into ground*
*fade out*
APPLAUSE!

Busty

Banned
Interesting The House fact No. 473

Did you know that they recut and reshot so much of the film that at one point the goddess Alexandria Daddario played a character with a subplot but now, despite being listed in the credits, she doesn't actually appear in the film at all.

Showbiz.

What the hell even happens in the movie?

That's shorter than fucking Sharknado.

I have to assume that when the early cut came in it was clear the film was total bobbins so they tried to fix it with reshoots and then when that didn't work they tried more reshoots and then when that didn't work they just threw up their hands and picked what they could from the smoldering mess they had and released that.

Or, in other words, they 'Jonah Hexxed' it.

Pachimari

I wouldn't mind waiting 5 years for Dafne to grow up, and then they can do new Wolverine movies starring her. Do X-Force, New Mutant, Gambit, Deadpool, X-Men and Fantastic Four movies until they. Laura can wait.

I have to assume that when the early cut came in it was clear the film was total bobbins so they tried to fix it with reshoots and then when that didn't work they tried more reshoots and then when that didn't work they just threw up their hands and picked what they could from the smoldering mess they had and released that.

Or, in other words, they 'Jonah Hexxed' it.

That would explain the nearly complete and total lack of marketing an the fact that the first trailer didn't come out until like 2-3 months before it releases.

Lima

Also, I assumed that the rumour of Dark Tower being 85 minutes long was just that, a rumour.

Nope, apparently the cut of Dark Tower being screened is indeed 85 minutes long. And that's 85 minutes with credits.

*sharp intake of breath*

Hope you guys weren't expecting a franchise out of Dark Tower.

At least it's over quick?

I had such high hopes for an adaption. The trailers are absolutely terrible but it has Elba and dude from Texas so I gotta watch.

Slayven

Also, I assumed that the rumour of Dark Tower being 85 minutes long was just that, a rumour.

Nope, apparently the cut of Dark Tower being screened is indeed 85 minutes long. And that's 85 minutes with credits.

*sharp intake of breath*

Wait? How doees that work. Been a while since i read the first book, but isn't that shit dense as fuck?

Wait? How doees that work. Been a while since i read the first book, but isn't that shit dense as fuck?

They've been saying for a while now that it's not a straight adaptation. It's some sort of sequel or side-story or something.

The short runtime might also explain that reported $60M budget as well.

Would that imply that they set out to make this thing short from the start? Because I'd imagine if there were excessive reshoots before finally being cut down, the budget would have ballooned instead of shrunk.

They've been saying for a while now that it's not a straight adaptation. It's some sort of sequel or side-story or something.

Basically, one of the conceits of the books is that the same thing happens over and over again with things turning out differently each time. The movie is basically a new cycle, instead of telling one of the already written ones.

kswiston

Deadline is saying $27-30M on Friday for DM3.

They have Baby Driver at $5.3-6.3M on Friday, and Wonder Woman at $4-5M.

No Friday total for the House, but they are projecting $10-12M for the entire weekend.

They are expecting about $14M for Transformers 5 for the entire weekend. Behind the first 3 films I discussed above.

TF5 probably would have had a worse hold than Alien: Covenant if it opened on Friday.

$27-30M would mean $70-78M OW for DM3. Sunday will have excellent holds, but Saturday will be subdued as a result.

Anth0ny

No Friday total for the House, but they are projecting $10-12M for the entire weekend.

They are expecting about $14M for Transformers 5 for the entire weekend. Behind the first 3 films I discussed above.

oh my godddddd wonder woman could get #2 with a miracle

*sharp intake of breath*

Everything is on fire and I'm laughing.

GhaleonEB

Holy shit. I was busy and didn't see that it was down 79% wed/wed. Even with previews that's pretty amazing. WW might very well top it given how they are both tracking. They're only $300k apart for Thursday actuals.

kswiston

Holy shit. I was busy and didn't see that it was down 79% wed/wed. Even with previews that's pretty amazing. WW might very well top it given how they are both tracking. They're only $300k apart for Thursday actuals.

Wonder Woman most likely will top it.

I think that the high end of Deadline's Friday for Wonder Woman is too high though. $5M would require an 86.5% bump for WW on Friday, which given the theatre drop and competition seems optimistic. $4.5-4.7M seems doable though. Sat will not be up much from that, but Sun should be nearly flat. So maybe $15Mish this weekend? Monday will be nearly a holiday in terms of business too.

That reported budget is complete bullshit. DT easily cost Sony at least $100-$150 million before marketing.

Is this a gut feeling or based on something?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Transformers will be under $100m total after it's 2nd weekend? Back in my day, this franchise pulled in $200m in 5 days without the benefit of 3D.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

*sharp intake of breath*

Wow, yikes.

kswiston

If The Last Knight does indeed have a $14M weekend, the same legs as Age of Extinction after this weekend will give it a domestic total of $125M.

Here's how long it took the previous films to clear $125M domestic.

Transformers - 5 days
Revenge of the Fallen - 3 days
Dark of the Moon - 4 days
Age of Extinction - 6 days

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
If The Last Knight does indeed have a $14M weekend, the same legs as Age of Extinction after this weekend will give it a domestic total of $125M.

Transformers - 5 days
This is a bigger yikes.

Schlorgan

I was about $70m+ too low on my Wonder Woman prediction ($290m) and I may end up being about $70m+ too high on my TF5 prediction ($195m) when its run is over.

I need to get better at this.

*sharp intake of breath*

Or they are simply being cautious and kinda smart for once, instead of blowing huge 150+ mil budget and planning a huge franchise out of an unknown property. Start small, build up. Frankly lot more franchise attempts should have been more modest beginnings instead of ending up with huge financial losses from the get go and a DOA universe.

Transformers - 5 days

Goddamn.

Top Bottom