• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman fakes pregnancy to smuggle peach cobbler, cellphones, and heroin into prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Woman-nabbed-in-smuggling-attempt-to-San-Quentin-9190968.php

A woman visiting a San Quentin Death Row inmate appeared to be pregnant, but instead of carrying a child she was holding a helping of peach cobbler, 18 cell phones and three ounces of heroin under her garments, prison officials said.

Teri Nichols, 47, a teacher’s assistant from Los Angeles, was arrested on Thursday in the prison visitor’s room during her meeting with a condemned murderer Bruce Millsap, 50.

Guards became suspicious when they noticed plastic ziplock bags in a nearby trashcan that Nichols allegedly used to smuggle in a helping of peach cobbler and greens to her friend, Millsap, a convicted serial murderer. They confronted Nichols, who handed over the phones and drugs, along with 18 phone chargers, that she had hidden inside a beanie cap beneath her clothes. The beanie was attached with a string to her bra and designed to make her look pregnant, officials said.

“It was very, very sophisticated,” said Lt. Samuel Robinson, a prison spokesman. “We’re still trying to figure out how she beat our metal detector.”

Millsap, 50, who was convicted in 2000 of eight murders in Southern California, including the robbery and murder of two armored-car guards, one in Long Beach in 1995 and the other in Carson in 1996.

Millsap had eaten the smuggled food and was apparently just about to receive the other contraband when guards interceded, Robinson said.

“He got the cobbler and greens,” Robinson said. “You got to get your cobbler and greens before you get down to business.”

Robinson said the phones were intended for resale inside the prison, where each one is worth $1,000 or so.

sangreal

That doesn't sound sophisticated at all actually. It's a hat full of shit hanging from her bra and it worked. Probably corruption at fault rather than the metal detector

That doesn't sound sophisticated at all actually. It's a hat full of shit hanging from her bra and it worked. Probably corruption at fault rather than the metal detector

Ding ding ding. As for the cobbler I don't blame the guy, I imagine that stuff tastes like pure ambrosia when you're behind bars.

StayDead

Before I read the full article I thought she'd smuggled it inside of her and I couldn't work out how that would be even possible.

Scary thought.

HylianTom

Banned
BCS-Pineapple.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind
“He got the cobbler and greens,” Robinson said. “You got to get your cobbler and greens before you get down to business.”
I like how he says this like it's some kind of common knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom