• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman marries her twin sisters murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamma

790106-johana-casas.jpg

An Argentinian woman will finally tie the knot Thursday with her twin sister's killer in a Valentine's Day ceremony.

Edith Casas, 22, is set to wed Victor Cingolani — who is serving 13 years for the murder of her sibling, model Johana Casas.

Johana was shot dead days before her 20th birthday in August 2010 in the southern Argentine city of Pico Truncado, 1,200 miles south of Buenos Aires.

Cingolani, an ex-boyfriend of Johana's, was convicted of murder in June 2012.

Alleged accomplice Marcos Diaz, also a former lover, is on trial for the crime later this year.

Cingolani claims Diaz was the only perpatrator of the crime, and maintains his own innocence to this day.

The new lovers, who got together soon after the incident, were due to get married in December.

But Edith's family ordered the ceremony to be canceled, saying she was guilty of a "terrible betrayal".

Her mother Marcelina Orellana y Paola presented a writ to the civil registry that asked them to determine whether Edith was of sound mind to wed.

Authorities concluded their investigation Jan. 23 and ruled that there existed no legal reason why she could not get married.

Now the pair say the controversial wedding will take place today. Speaking to Cosecha Roja from jail, Cingolani said: "I would have loved it if my wedding had been peaceful.

"I don't want any mess. I understand the situation in her family. But they have to understand me in that what I do, I do for love."

A total of 25 guests are expected to attend the civil ceremony, including the groom’s friends and family.

But the twins' mother Marcelina said she would still boycott the event, adding: "We are terrified of things that we are living.

"He is involved as the principle author of Johana's death. He killed her, there is no doubt."

Edith insists her bridegroom is innocent and is backing an appeal against his conviction.

Lucas Chacon, Cingolani's defence lawyer, has said: “The cigarette butts found near Johana's body belonged to Diaz and all the witnesses have incriminated him.

“I can understand Johana's parents' attitude. But Edith is not marrying a killer or anything like it. She is marrying a man who was convicted in a judicial scandal. All we want is justice.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...er-v-day-vows-article-1.1264063#ixzz2Kz2cybWV

dafuq? Even if he is innocent it's kinda weird no?

Madness

'Hey kids, did you know your dad violently slaughtered your late aunt? She was my twin sister and in a relationship with her'

Is the whole world going batshit insane?

Batshit. Or she put him up to it and, now that the competition is out of the way, she's making good on her plans.

In that case of the latter, see the former.

God damn. Dude looks like a maniac in that pic.

The thought of this fucking psycho finding an amazing girlfriend, murdering her, and then getting to date her amazing sister, is an injustice for the ages.

But the twins' mother Marcelina said she would still boycott the event, adding: "We are terrified of things that we are living.

"He is involved as the principle author of Johana's death. He killed her, there is no doubt."

I wonder is there something that the Mother knows since she pretty much assuming that the guy killed her daughter even though she has no proof that he has done it.

God damn. Dude looks like a maniac in that pic.

The thought of this fucking psycho finding an amazing girlfriend, murdering her, and then getting to date her amazing sister, is an injustice for the ages.

Welcome to real life, where good people starve to death and bad people live in mansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom