• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOoT! Verizon can Kiss my ASS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for all the USA peeps (not sure who else this will apply for)

So...I just signed up for new phone service. I figured I'd let you guys know in case you might want to switch to something better then what you have. The company is called Lingo. They're a voice over IP phone company, which means it works over any highspeed connection. Anyway, they have a kickass promotion going on. Sign up and get the first 3 months free. The phone rate is $19.95 a month and it includes unlimited local and long distance calls (USA CANADA and WESTERN EUROPE). You also get every phone feature known to man and can even keep your current number.

The only important applicable hidden costs I've found are for directory service ($.75 per call) and the setup fee (39.95), which includes all equipment and shipping. The good part is you don't get a regular bill until your 4th month. Not only that but if you drop a friends name (who has the service) when you order, you both get a $25 credit added to your respective accounts.. Nice. I already have a buddy signing up now.

I just finished signing up a few minutes ago. If any of you are gonna take the plunge and want a $25 credit, feel free to drop my name (Mike Merrill). :p

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I'd recommend vonage. Similar pricing.

Verizon DSL $35 + Vonage phone $20 + Direct TV Basic $60 = ~$115 for all your connectivity needs!

Yeah, I almost went with Vonage, but I found Lingo to be a better deal overall for what I need. Vonage is $30 a month for a similar but not as good package, not to mention you don't get 3 months free. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom