• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Legion Beta datamined stuff

Lots of stuff over at http://www.wowhead.com/ and http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Demon Hunter Voices - http://www.wowhead.com/news=250037/...-artifact-scenarios-appearances-demon-hunter-

New Maps - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1903613-New-and-Updated-Maps?p=37375469#post37375469

Legion Beta: Build 20740 Professions, Battle Pets, Mounts Spell Data - http://www.wowhead.com/news=250046/legion-beta-build-20740-professions-battle-pets-mounts-spell-data

New Mounts
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Enchanted Chicken - Strega the Hag, in her youth, was always careful to keep her enchanting and her animal husbandry neatly separated. As time wore on, however, her eyesight, aim, or strict moral codes must have deteriorated... Profession:Enchanting
Charger - Redeemed by the Light. Devoted to your cause. Paladin
Demonsaber - Possessed of demonic spirit, these deadly cats form a strong bond with their masters. Class Demon Hunter
Prestigious War Steed - Armored to withstand collisions in battle.
Spirit of Eche'ro - The spirit of Huln Highmountain's pet moose. Profession: Archaeology
Felsaber - A special creation of Lord Illidan gifted to his most trusted demon hunters. Class Demon Hunter
Prestigious War Wolf - At Warchief Hellscream's command, Horde trainers began raising wolves to thrive in the shock and ferocity of sustained combat.

New Sylvanas model -
Sylvanas.jpg

New Illidan -

New Moonkin -

Badass dragon -

Patch 7.0.1 Legion Beta: Build 20740 Achievements, Class Followers, Professions, Icons, Scenarios - http://www.wowhead.com/news=250014/...-achievements-class-followers-professions-ico

New Followers and Quests
Data points to followers that are class-specific, which you'll get from quests in Legion. These will likely be tied to your Class Order Hall.

Followers
Thassarian / Koltira Deathweaver - Class: Death Knight, Quest: Always a Knight of the Ebon Blade, Zone: Azsuna

Thassarian was a soldier of Lordaeron, serving under prince Arthas Menethil on the campaign to Northrend. He was slain by his former commmander, Falric, and reborn as a Death Knight in service to the Lich King.$b$bAfter the battle of Light's Hope he departed to Stormwind to convince King Varian Wrynn to accept the Knights of the Ebon Blade as allies.$b$bAfter spending some time serving in the armies of the Alliance he desires to fight once more for a greater cause and has returned to the Ebon Blade to join ther battle against the Legion.
Koltira was raised into undeath as a Death Knight after being slain by the knight, Thassarian. Despite death at Thassarian's hand, they treated each other as friends up till they found themselves on opposing sides in the Battle for Andorhal. In this battle they held a truce that prevented outright hostilities until Sylvanas Windrunner became involved and he was cast into the Undercity by the Bainshee Queen. When asked about this Koltira refuses to speak any further.

Highlord Darion Mograine - Class: Death Knight, Quest: Natural Allies, Zone: Acherus

Formerly a paladin in service to the Argent Dawn, Darion Mograine sacrified himself in order to stop the advance of the scourge yet his lifeless body was turned into a death knight by the lich Kel'Thuzad. As a Death Knight he led the forces of the Ebon Blade into an attack upon Lights Hope chapel in which it was revealed that the attack was a suicide mission in order force the paladin Tirion Fordring out of hiding. Enraged that he and his fellow knights were being wasted he was able to break free of the Lich Kings control and led the Ebon Blade in their quest of vengeance. Quiet and intense, Mograine studies his foes carefuly and inflicts pain upon them by any means possible.

Lady S'theno <Coilskar Captain> - Class: Demon Hunter, Quest: Eternal Allegiance, Zone: The Fel Hammer

Kayn Sunfury <Illidari> - Class: Demon Hunter, Quest: Trusted Lieutenant, Zone: The Fel Hammer

Emmarel Shadewarden <Unseen Path> - Class: Hunter, Mission: A Strong Right Hand, Zone: Trueshot Lodge

Emmarel Shadewarden was a young Sentinel when the Unseen Path was founded. Like her mentor, Namuria Gladesong, Emmarel believed that the night elves had a duty to protect Azeroth from the inevitable return of the Legion. After her order was all but wiped out in the War of the Shifting Sands, Emmarel kept the Unseen Path small and secluded, watching for the day when it should rise again.$b$bDuring the long years of her vigil, Emmarel studied the ways of the beast master. She is never far from the wings of her beloved eagle companion, Snowfeather.

The Great Akazamzarak - Class: Mage, Quest: An Unexpected Champion, Zone: Dalaran

A master of portals and summoning with a seemingly unlimited supply of rabbits. Also great at parties!

Mog'dorg the Wizened - Class: Mage, Quest: The Other City of Mages, Zone: Hall of the Guardian

A leader of the great ogre civilizaion of Ogri'la, Mog'dorg will bring his faction of ogre mages to bear against the Legion.

Li Li Stormstout - Class: Monk, Quest: The Adventure Continues, Zone: The Wandering Isle

Born upon the Wandering Isle, Li Li has an insatiable thirst for adventure and exploration. Against the wishes of her father, she left the wandering isle behind to join with her uncle Chen. Together, they traveled the world in search of the homeland of their people, Pandaria. Li Li is both an experianced herbalist and a martial artist who never backs down from a fight.

Chen Stormstout - Class: Monk, Quest: , Zone: The Wandering Isle

Lord Maxwell Tyrosus:

Lord Maxwell Tyrosus was one of the first to join the Argent Dawn, and quickly rose through the ranks to great prominence, second only to Tirion Fordring himself. Whether he was fighting against the scourge of Naxxramas or the very lord of the Scourge, Tyrosus has always remained a steadfast leader and a true champion of the Light.

Lady Liadrin:

Lady Liadrin has been called many things - zealous, arrogant, short-tempered - but the Blood Knight Matriarch has never been bothered by such pleasantries. Call her what you will, but in Liadrin's eyes there is precisely one thing that matters: the complete and utter destruction of the Burning Legion.

Lilian Voss - Class: Rogue, Quest: Endless Vengeance, Zone: The Hall of Shadows

Vanessa VanCleef - Class: Rogue, Quest: Honor Among Thieves, Zone: The Hall of Shadows

Most think to this day that the infamous leader of the Defias Brotherhood died in the Deadmines years ago thanks to an elixir that mimiced death and flame retardant armor. In truth, the wayward daughter of Westfall found her way into the secretive order of the Uncrowned, where her anti-government motives were well at home. She quickly rose through the ranks to the mysterious Shadows, poised to finally have the means to enact her revenge.

Lulubelle Fizzlebang <Council of the Black Harvest> - Class: Warlock, Quest: A Trifling Legacy, Zone: Dalaran

As a member of the great Fizzlebang family of summoners, Lulubelle will be able to bring stronger demons to your cause. Just hope she doesn't summon something too big.

Ritssyn Flamescowl <Council of the Black Harvest> - Class: Warlock, Quest: Rebuilding the Council, Zone: Dreadscar Rift

The last remaining member of the Council of the Black Harvest. With Risstyn's help you can begin rebuilding the Council to its former glory.

Commander Lynore Windstryke / Nazgrel - Class: Warrior, Quest: The Second Valarjar, Zone: Halls of Valor

Eitrigg - Class: Warrior, Mission: The Veteran, Zone: Halls of Valor

The hype is real over there x)

Well, I plan on getting back to Wow with Legion. I've heard the pvp is kinda broke because the horde is always loosing BG. I've realized that in MoP but I thought it was because french players sucked at pvp (well they still do... yea I'm french :( ).
Never mind that, I'll get my sub back before 2016!

Finaj

I'm impressed by how much is complete art-wise in this first build. In the first Warlords of Draenor build, Tanaan, Nagrand and Spires of Arak were nonexistent.

Loxley

Legion just keeps looking better and better. The class-changes are a bit bananas in some cases, but it's still exciting.

Schryver

If WoD is real cheap this week I might pick it up to catch up a bit before Legion. Definitely interested in coming back 0.o

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Biggest fan of Sylvanas... Not fond of her Legion make-over though

grimmiq

God damn it..Every expansion I'm tempted (and give in) to return, looks like this will happen again.

Oh wow, AU$69 for an expansion..maybe not.

Ambient80

Maybe with Sylvanas' new model they'll give her a new voice again so she doesn't sound like Lois Griffin with a sore throat.

Finaj

This feels like a compilation expansion with development to every conflict/storyline:

-The Burning Legion
-The Old Gods
-The Naga
-The Emerald Dream
-Gilneas vs The Forsaken
-The Lich King
-Closure on Deathwing(with Wrathion) and the near extinction of the Blue Dragonflight

CHC

Can't believe they haven't changed that one dragons animation rig since vanilla..... Holy hell. Thought proto drakes were a sign of things to come but nope.

If anyone follows Warcraft lore, can you please tell me what happens after
Thrall kills Garrosh in Nagrand
. I'm usually deeply invested in Warcraft lore but I stopped playing WoD right after I reached level 100.

Finaj

. I'm usually deeply invested in Warcraft lore but I stopped playing WoD right after I reached level 100.

Gul'dan contacts Grommash in an attempt to have him join the Legion as the Iron Horde is falling apart. Grom refuses, but Killrogg Deadeye drinks the coolade and Gul'dan takes over the Iron Horde. Gul'dan attempts to rebuild the Dark Portal and summons Archimonde to deal with the player raiders. Archimonde dies and throws Gul'dan through a portal (which is how I assume he gets to the Broken Isles in Legion.

Cleve

Illidan is back in this? I'm confused. I thought the last one was the time travel to BC nostalgia expansion.

Finaj

Illidan is back in this? I'm confused. I thought the last one was the time travel to BC nostalgia expansion.

No time travel. After Maiev killed Illidan, she put his body and soul in a prison to suffer the rest of his sentence. Gul'dan, however, finds this prison and frees Illidan.

Thrall hangs out with his wife and parents from another dimension in the middle of Nagrand. I don't think there's anything else with Thrall. During the legendary ring quest you find out what happened with Garrosh when he got to alternate Draenor. I don't remember anything major happening or being explained in-game after that besides the Hellfire Citadel ending cinematic.

Cleve

No time travel. After Maiev killed Illidan, she put his body and soul in a prison to suffer the rest of his sentence. Gul'dan, however, finds this prison and frees Illidan.

Sorry for the spoiler conversation guys.

Okay, so time-travel guldan is hanging out with the (resurrected non-time travel)Illidan that drank out of his skull like a pitcher? This is getting weird.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Sorry for the spoiler conversation guys.

Okay, so time-travel guldan is hanging out with the (resurrected non-time travel)Illidan that drank out of his skull like a pitcher? This is getting weird.

Thanks for the clarifications.
To add to this.

This is all because Archimonde (who is apparently the exact same Archimonde that was killed at the World Tree) sent Gul'dan through the portal at the end of the Hellfire Citadel raid to Azeroth to begin the big Legion invasion for a third time.

idlewild_

story spoiler:
not hanging out, he tries to rip illidan's soul out of his body at black rook hold

Falcker

To add to this.

This is all because Archimonde (who is apparently the exact same Archimonde that was killed at the World Tree) sent Gul'dan through the portal at the end of the Hellfire Citadel raid to Azeroth to begin the big Legion invasion for a third time.

This creates so many lore issues we know they will never bother addressing.

He's the leader of the Demon Hunters in Legion. He's not good or evil, which I feel is the best for him. Making him a villain in Burning Crusade because "reasons" was stupid.

anything beyond incarceration, would annoy me tbh. He was always such a wuss, really not looking forward to him getting involved again.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I mean, both Ysera and Cenarius are obviously from the Emerald Nightmare.

I'm assuming you're not killing the actual characters.

So The green dragons are gonna fall? =c

New illidan looks okay and Sylvannas is kinda too armored for a ranger hunter class thing

Top Bottom