• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World's toughest Spider, or World's wimpiest Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&e=2&u=/nm/20040712/od_nm/odd_china_spider_dc

A Chinese house spider sitting on its web waiting for lunch got the biggest helping of its life -- it caught a snake.

The 12-inch snake crawled into a farmer's house in Qingyuan county in eastern Zhejiang province, apparently oblivious of the spider patiently spinning its web in the corner, Xinhua news agency said on Saturday.

"Unfortunately, it got desperately trapped in the tough, sticky web of the spider," the agency said.

"The spider pulled the web higher and suspended the snake above the ground. It then managed to get to the neck of the snake, using its beak to pierce the snake and inject its poison."

The David and Goliath battle took 80 minutes, drawing farmers from all around to watch, Xinhua said.

"The snake died soon and the hunter spider began to suck its blood."

Well, that clinches it. I'm NEVER moving to China.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thanks a lot, you just ruined Spider-Man 3 for me. Now I know that Spider-Man will kick The Lizard's ass. :(

COCKLES

being watched
chinese1.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I remember i saw an epic 60 minute battle between two woodlice once, nothing like watching nature in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom