• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you drive on this road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

Would you drive on this road in these trucks....underpowered, heavily loaded with most likely other drivers that are n00bs...?

00090468.jpg

00090466.jpg

00090465.jpg

00090464.jpg

calder

Holy shit! The dropoff looks like lose earth too, and the angle is just shallow enough that you'd get to slide down the whole way rolling over in the truck thinking "ok if it doesn't fireball at the base of the hill I might get lucky and only be gimped up forever".

Note to self: never whine about that time you drove an overloaded Grand Lemans down the Coquihalla at night through the snow by yourself despite being really tired.

mrmyth

calder said:
Holy shit! The dropoff looks like lose earth too, and the angle is just shallow enough that you'd get to slide down the whole way rolling over in the truck thinking "ok if it doesn't fireball at the base of the hill I might get lucky and only be gimped up forever".

Note to self: never whine about that time you drove an overloaded Grand Lemans down the Coquihalla at night through the snow by yourself despite being really tired.

I used to complain about driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike not knowing that semi trucks don't brake at the bottom of the hills in order to keep momentum up to make it up the next hill. Ever had a fully loaded rig chase your Celica downhill at 100+ at night?

mrmyth said:
I used to complain about driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike not knowing that semi trucks don't brake at the bottom of the hills in order to keep momentum up to make it up the next hill. Ever had a fully loaded rig chase your Celica downhill at 100+ at night?

Hell yea, PA Turnpike rocks for speeding. :D

Speaking of speeding, there's a great backroad near Route 100 in PA that you can catch 3 solid seconds of air on...god those were the days. I don't have the balls to do that anymore. :(

These Commies are gonzo! Big steel balls they must have.

Doth Togo

I used to get air in my Dodge Diplomat station wagon with a big block V8 in Charlotte at the corner of Colony Rd. and Wendover. That stoplight near Myers Park HS (go Stangs) and A.G. provides serious air and undercarriage scrapage when hit at speeds above 60mph. Me and my friends would pile into the wagon, get the jump and mash our heads into the headliners all day long.

...good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom