• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you pay more for a more 'complete game?

Renegade

Banned
Say, for example, if Halo 2 had a more complete single player campaign, and a 'Conquest' mode similar to the one in MechAssault 2 for Live players, as well as Bots for maps. Of course, the money spent delevoping such technologies and implementing them into the game would have cost Bungie MUCH more than the game's current state.

However, for the pre-described, imaginary version, would you pay an upwards of 15 dollars more than you did for the version you currently have?

I think that developers and publishers should begin to price their games higher if their games are very complete and of very high quality. If the game is worth 80 bucks, the publishers should price it as so. They deserve as much profit they can muster for making such a quality game.

I think this could also work for games like MMORPGs for consoles, or heavily online based games. If TFLO actually came to be, and it was as good as or better than the hype made it, Microsoft could have priced it so that it would be 90 at retail, with no monthly fees, and a few extras packed into every box set.

There might be a decrease in volume sold with the higher prices, but this is the way the industry seems to be moving anyway. What do you think?

luxsol

That's just a fucking rip off if these versions are released on the same day (or month). Course, they already do these types of things for PC games called expansion packs, but they're usually made by another developer.

shpankey

not an idiot
Yes I absolutely would, without hesitation! I will say that I am very happy with the amount of content we received with Halo 2. I would have paid $15 more for what we already have and have still been perfectly happy.

Jonnyram

Depends how they go about it.
Guns'n'Roses releases Use Your Illusion I & II at the same time separately while Smashing Pumpkins released Mellon Collie as a single package. As long as it's not too obviously a rip-off then it's fine by me. Had G'n'R released two albums that were 37 mins long instead of 70, then it would be called a pisstake.

Rhindle

We need shorter and cheaper games, not longer and more expensive games.

Few games do not wear their formula into the ground after 20 hours or so. I would love to see more $30 10-hour games.

Top Bottom