• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOW A NINTENDO GAME ON AUSTRALIAN TV!!!

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Wow the first time in years that a Nintendo game has been seen on a television ad!

However it was a government AD telling us not to buy stolen goods!

Still sales of Starfox adventures might increase; if not maybe more people will steal it!

with pikmin 2, Konga and paper mario coming out in the next 10 days you would think NOAus would do some advertising

Edit sorry konga!

Grubdog

Banned
okay, slow down for a second, take a breath

what television ad? and why would starfox adventures sales rise?

and paper mario isnt coming out in the next 10 days, more like the next month, and jungle beat??! we'll be lucky if we get it before the holidays next year

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Donkey Konga - 28th of October
Pikmin 2 - 4th of November

Paper Mario 2 - 18th of November (sorry 20+ days)

As i said starfox adventures stars in a government ad to tell people not to buy stolen goods!

Grubdog

Banned
Bobety said:
Whoa crazy, i haven't seen a nintendo ad on aussie TV since the GC launch
I remember a REALLY low quality/grainy Metroid Prime commercial, which probably only helped steer more people away from the GC. but yeah, nintendo australia are absolutely hopeless, 95% of australians dont even know the GC exists. Even the GBA is doing bad here..
Do The Mario said:
No just SFA!

remember stealing is bad it makes people take drugs!
:)

Grubdog

Banned
Well last i checked the GBA only had about 7% marketshare, same as PS1. GC has around 3.5%. But that was at www.informbd.com.au, which now links to another site where I can't find the market share percentages.

edit: beaten, yeah the percentages are something like that :p

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I haven’t pre ordered Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario but I will make sure to pick them up when they come out because many retailers might not order in new copies!

Plus most retailers no longer sell cube games!

stonedwal

Scrow said:
errr... i don't know about that...

Outside of the recent Pokemon release, it's bloody woeful. Last year, the lifetime attach rate for GBA was something along the line of 1.2 games (definitely less than two, anyway) to each GBA. Haven't seen any new figures, but I'd assume the trend is still about the same.

Game prices are just too high on the GBA.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
nintendo australia are so shit i can't even put it into words :p they just have no idea.

edit: which is why i just purchased a freeloader and am now importing all my games - works out cheaper and i'll get them ages before they come out in Aus (if they even come out at all, that is)

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
edit: which is why i just purchased a freeloader and am now importing all my games - works out cheaper and i'll get them ages before they come out in Aus (if they even come out at all, that is)

How reliable is freeloader?

Next gen I think I will buy the revolution console from America!

Trevelyon

Do The Mario said:
However it was a government AD telling us not to buy stolen goods!

Still sales of Starfox adventures might increase; if not maybe more people will steal it!

Huh, Starfox was in that ad? I only noticed Gradius III/IV & Halo.

julls said:
nintendo australia are so shit i can't even put it into words :p they just have no idea.

Yep I worked this out quite some time ago and purchased a Platinum NTSC GameCube from the US (through IGN actually). I never thought I'd see the day when I imported but I was practically forced to because of how shit the GameCube is doing here.

Parents just got back from the US and brought me back Donkey Konga (plus extra bongos) and Pikmin 2. They just left a day before Paper Mario was coming out.

One positive thing I will say is the wait for games in Australia is nowhere near as long as it used to be. It's just that they release such limited quantities and have the shittest selection of games available for GCN in the world because the games are pretty much discontinued after the initial shipment.

Top Bottom