• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is up with this Eugene character in wrestling WWE Monday Night Raw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

I haven't seen wrestling in a long time, but now I'm watching it, and is this Eugene character (who seems to have a lot of fan support), supposed to be "special" or something...

I hadn't seen wrestling in a long time, but this is one of the lamest "gimmicks"/"personalities"/"theme" for a wrestler in quite a while...

and does Hulk Hogan still show up or is he totally gone from the scene now?

LakeEarth

Yes he's Eric Bishoff's "special" nephew. We all thought it would go terribly too, but the idea of a kind of idiot savant (spelling sorry) of wrestling seems to be pretty entertaining, BUT WWE noticed how people liked it and super duper over-pushed the idea and made it one of the top stories, which was very lame of them.

Alcibiades

so he really is a slow learner if real life right?

either way it comes off a little weird...

Maybe if I had seen this storyline from the beginning...

LakeEarth

You should've seen it before he became a huge wrestler. It was funny when he was working with Steven Regal and doing skits with him. Like Zack Gowen and Maven, he's the type of wrestler that should be losing most of their matches, let alone facing off against the fricken main event.

Alcibiades

pilonv1 said:
I hope you aren't serious.

well, just because he's slow doesn't mean he's incapable, didn't some "slow" guy with that down syndrome become a DJ once or something...

anyway, this is the first episode I see in a long time so woops if I don't know or can't perceive...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Idle Will Kill said:
I can't believe you guys think professional wrestling is real.

You better hope Bishop doesn't come into this thread or U B BANNEDEDEDED

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Idle Will Kill said:
I can't believe you guys think professional wrestling is real.
wtf.gif

Shinobi said:
If it wasn't real, we wouldn't be able to see it would we?!?
BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA that's some funny shit :D

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Oh, c'mon, he really shouldn't have been banned for that comment. Sure, it was stupid beyond belief but if we banned every stupid person on this forum, the total member count would be in the single digits.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
He'll be back. It's more of a ceremonial ban than anything else.

Don't fuck with wrestling on my watch, yo!

It's all in good fun.

I just want to say that whereas your MatMania avatar brings me back to the days of playing the cocktail version at Pizza Hut after school... Saturday Night Slammasters is the pinnacle of arcade wrestling.

Raw just got its lowest rating in 2 years.

Pretty fucked up with Summerslam days away.

Eugene is getting fucking stale... Sledge him H and be done with it.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Rabid Wolverine said:

It's the Diva Search bullshit that is driving viewers away. For some reason, McMahon just thinks that it was the fact that the Diva segment was taped this week. Genius, my ass. Occasionally, he just stumbles upon people like Ausin and The Rock who bail his ass out of whatever abortion he's currently pushing.

Shinobi

The whole "sex sells wrestling" thing ran it's course a looooong time ago, back when two shows on Monday night were both pulling in 5's. That simply isn't the case anymore, and showing a bunch of hot but ditzy chicks on a wrestling show doing absolutely nothing simply doesn't cut it anymore.

Alcibiades

Shinobi said:
The whole "sex sells wrestling" thing ran it's course a looooong time ago, back when two shows on Monday night were both pulling in 5's. That simply isn't the case anymore, and showing a bunch of hot but ditzy chicks on a wrestling show doing absolutely nothing simply doesn't cut it anymore.

ah yes, I remember the Nitro girls...

Shinobi

Index-1.gif

Heh, they were something...Spice was a total cutie.

spice5.jpg

spice12.jpg

And of course there was Kimberly Page, who I still consider to be the hottest looking wrestling diva ever.

kimberlypage.jpg

pilonv1

Rabid Wolverine said:

I'm just waiting for the heel turn/knock on the head that turns him into regular Nick/Eugene Dinsmore - awesome technical wrestler.

After the great first month, the only good thing out of this has been some utterly awesome William Regal promo's. If they hadn't killed him with Kane his first week back he could have been over huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom