• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF, Nicholas Cage named his son Superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lau

Banned
Yeah I know it's old, but I'm sure, like me, not everyone catched this. On the Wikipedia-page of Nicholas Cage I stumbled on the bizarre fact that he named his son Kal-El, what the fuck?

His third and current wife Alice Kim, a former waitress who previously worked at the Los Angeles restaurant Kabuki, met Cage at the Los Angeles-based Korean nightclub, Le Privé. She is the mother of his son, Kal-El (born October 3, 2005), named after Superman's birth name. Cage was once considered for the role of Superman in a film to be directed by Tim Burton. Alice had a minor role in the 2007 movie Next, which Cage produced. They were married at a private ranch in Northern California on July 30, 2004.

nicholas_cage_superman_outfit.jpg

God damned celebrities.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I want to name my sons Woodrow Allen and "Johnny Waters. If I get a girl I would like to name her Exene or Nikki Corvette or something rock n roll like that.

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
Damn it, GAF, Cage is not a bad actor; he's done a lot of good to great acting in the past. That he picks a lot of shit movies to act in does not negate his ability.

Nic Cage apologist confirmed. How are we supposed to judge an actor? By the films he doesn't do?

Teh Hamburglar said:
Nic Cage apologist confirmed. How are we supposed to judge an actor? By the films he doesn't do?

But he's done a lot of good films as well! Adaptation, The Weather Man, Leaving Los Vegas, Bringing Out the Dead, etc. (especially Adaptation; if you think Cage is a bad actor, watch that and tell me it again).

Damn it, GAF, Cage is not a bad actor; he's done a lot of good to great acting in the past. That he picks a lot of shit movies to act in does not negate his ability.
He plays the same character regardless of movie. You could take Nic Cage out of Golden Treasures and put him into Ghostriddler and no one would know the difference.

riskVSreward said:
He plays the same character regardless of movie. You could take Nic Cage out of Golden Treasures and put him into Ghostriddler and no one would know the difference.

In Adaptation, he managed to create two completely different characters whom you could distinguish from one another when they were on screen at the same time; they looked the same, but the mannerisms and the way that he carried the separate characters make you able to distinguish them nonetheless.

Captain N

Jason's Ultimatum said:
If I have a boy, I'm going to name him Jason Bourne *insert last name*.

I'll name my first born Dashiell after Dash from The Incredibles. Oh wait..I already did that.

In Adaptation, he managed to create two completely different characters whom you could distinguish from one another when they were on screen at the same time; they looked the same, but the mannerisms and the way that he carried the separate characters make you able to distinguish them nonetheless.
Listen guy, if I told you sometimes shit tasted good, would you keep eating shit until it finally did?

riskVSreward said:
Listen guy, if I told you sometimes shit tasted good, would you keep eating shit until it finally did?

If you refuse to watch the movies in which he does really good acting, then of course it's impossible to prove that he is a really good actor. I will say that it would be hard for somebody who is a truly terrible actor to win an Academy Award for Best Actor.

xbhaskarx

He does not "act", he has been a bad caricature of himself for well over a decade now.

like Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Robin Williams... Will Smith... I could go on

harSon said:
How is this counter argument relevant to his statement?
What if I said shit tastes good every Sunday in July? Is that more relevant?

xbhaskarx said:
He does not "act", he has been a bad caricature of himself for well over a decade now.

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth

harSon

Banned
xbhaskarx said:

Will Smith? Wtf? :lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought for a second that he actually named his son "Superman." I don't know, Kal-El isn't too bad. Most folks won't even make the connection, they'll just think it is some weird foreign name. And being called Kal for short isn't too bad.

Oh, and the Tim Burton Superman movie with Cage as Clark is easily the most frightening thing I've ever heard of. The horror...the horror.

Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember seeing concept drawings of the redesigned Superman suit they were considering for that project.

Grifter

riskVSreward said:
:lol too subtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom