• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF, Nicholas Cage named his son Superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
DrForester said:
Didn't make it as far as Cage (I think Cage was with Burton's project so long he actually got paid for it) but another person who was auditioned for Superman Returns..

Michael_Scofield.jpg

He would have to play Steel though.

The Nic Cage hatred is somewhat understandable, but overdone and overblown.

He can alternate between mind-numbingly awful and surprisingly serviceable. He's not a great actor, but he can be a good one in the right character/role/movie.

He was especially good in Lord of War (an underrated flick that never seems to get mentioned anywhere) and I quite liked him in Knowing as well.

Edit: Kal-El Coppola actually rolls off the tongue nicely. Say it out loud. It doesn't sound bad at all. Yes, it's retarded because of the Superman origins, but it at least has a pleasant ring to it otherwise.

Zeliard

DaBargainHunta said:
The Nic Cage hatred is somewhat understandable, but overdone and overblown.

He can alternate between mind-numbingly awful and surprisingly serviceable. He's not a great actor, but he can be a good one in the right character/role/movie.

He was especially good in Lord of War (an underrated flick that never seems to get mentioned anywhere) and I quite liked him in Knowing as well.

Edit: Kal-El Coppola actually rolls off the tongue nicely. Say it out loud. It doesn't sound bad at all. Yes, it's retarded because of the Superman origins, but it at least has a pleasant ring to it otherwise.

Cage was terrific in Adaptation. A very difficult role that he played about as well as anybody could have.

Cage has been in a lot of shit, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he isn't still a good actor overall. Look at Ben Kingsley.

Ashour said:
OMG celebrities and their stupid names, think of the children you idiots.

The names are butt stupid, but those kids will never want for anything for the rest of their lives. They will probably end up as celebrities themselves, or at least sucking on the teat of fame (or infamy).

Compare that to the everyday kid with a fucked up name. Though I suspect that when my son gets into school, he'll be the only one with a "normal" name.

"Hi! I'm Evian! This is Hennesy, Lexus, Obama, and Sarah-Palin!"

"I'm James."

"Weirdo."

Sapiens

Nick Cage is so awesome that he married Lisa Marie Presley so he could be the ultimate Elvis fan (tied with Michael Jackson though).

I used to know a guy named Kal-El.

I don't think that was how his name was spelled. But it was pronounced exactly the same.

He hated it when people would bring up the fact that it's Superman's real name. Childhood trauma, I guess.

ZiZ

Forceatowulf said:
Now that's just fucked up.

How selfish can a motherfucker be?

when your name is Suparman, you might as well go the extra mile and name your son Batman. :lol

Averon

I hate it when parents give their kids such stupid names. The poor kid's going to have the suffer through it until he/she is old enough to legally change their name. I can't imagine to bullying this kid is going to go through during his school years. Poor kid :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom