• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Hasney

How have the post launch patches been in the past? Do they manage to fix things or do they just let things linger?

They barely fix anything. There's bugs that have been hanging around for years.

I was blown away they said they were going to patch in title matches to Universe.

Kaiterra

Banned
How have the post launch patches been in the past? Do they manage to fix things or do they just let things linger?

Stuff they fix is rarely stuff that players are actually clamoring to get fixed. The same bugs persist for years and years and some things eventually they just claim are design decisions rather than bugs (which was the line I was fed about attributes not working on the official forums a few years ago)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They barely fix anything. There's bugs that have been hanging around for years.

I was blown away they said they were going to patch in title matches to Universe.

Didn't they just say they were looking into it?

Lashley

I like how I had to draft superstars into my universe myself before starting the mode

Any ETA on the patch for title defenses?

Lashley

You can sim a match after changing participants by going to edit the settings for entrance/momentum and clicking save btw

I'm not sure I can remember a game mechanic as bad as the submission system in this. My friend stopped over to play with me tonight and he was in equal disbelief. We took about a half hour and played an iron man match just to get the hang of the submission and never got it (that is to say, I successfully submitted him twice but I couldn't tell you how I did it)

I'll take what we have no over that any day. Far too over the top for me.

9ymiDBC.gif

I'm about to take this back to Redbox and I'm torn on if I want to buy it or not.

My Career is pretty good, aside from those awful interviews. Renee looks so damn bad LOL

Universe still has me wishing for more. I saw Cena get put in falls count anywhere matches 3 weeks in a row. It seems like rivals just face each other in singles matches over and over. I've yet to see a match get scheduled involving managers or a 3 person team. I guess I can edit everything manually but I just wish the CPU was decent at booking.

I like to set it to CPU vs CPU and just watch and the AI still can't handle ladder matches at all, just like last year.

The gameplay is definitely smoother though, and some of the new animations are nice.

I haven't played the Austin Showcase yet. Should I really pay full price for My Career and the Showcase?

shanafan

For what? You can't defend titles whenever you want in Universe. They said they'd patch it.

I haven't tried Universe yet, but in a one-on-one match, I found title defense under match options.

EDIT: Ok, checked Universe. Yeah, missing option for title defense unlike regular match outside universe mode.

Lashley

I haven't tried Universe yet, but in a one-on-one match, I found title defense under match options.

EDIT: Ok, checked Universe. Yeah, missing option for title defense unlike regular match outside universe mode.

I wonder, is the normal matches linked to Universe? I could play the title match in regular matches and the title would change hands in Universe?

Probably not :(

Title match issues in Universe (being able to set your own) are going to be patched in according to 2k. It's a glitch.

shanafan

Title match issues in Universe (being able to set your own) are going to be patched in according to 2k. It's a glitch.

Ok cool. I'll hold tight playing regular matches until then! Thanks.

Curious, where was the patch announced?

Just had a fun match with me as Dolph vs Bam Bam.

ecurbj

It's a shame 2K didn't hand the FULL development over to Visual Concepts yet. Yuke's awful stigma still continues.

It's sad I have to keep my gamecube hooked up to be able to play a fun wrestling game. Wrestlemania XIX, Day of Reckoning, and Day of Reckoning 2 are fun as hell and never get old. How fucking hard is it to have 2 reversal buttons???? One for attack and one for grapple. It would solve all the constant reversing that makes the game unplayable with another human. Now they just put a limit on the reversals which is a bullshit "fix".

Universe also has tons of potential but in the end it is all meaningless. There is no goal to achieve. I wish they would bring back GM mode so I can actually manage my own wrestling promotion and compete with the other promotions. With this huge roster it would be amazing.

It's sad I have to keep my gamecube hooked up to be able to play a fun wrestling game. Wrestlemania XIX, Day of Reckoning, and Day of Reckoning 2 are fun as hell and never get old. How fucking hard is it to have 2 reversal buttons???? One for attack and one for grapple. It would solve all the constant reversing that makes the game unplayable with another human. Now they just put a limit on the reversals which is a bullshit "fix".

Universe also has tons of potential but in the end it is all meaningless. There is no goal to achieve. I wish they would bring back GM mode so I can actually manage my own wrestling promotion and compete with the other promotions. With this huge roster it would be amazing.

I like 2K16 to some degree but damn do I wish I had a Gamecube with those three wrestling games still hooked up. I have my OG XBox and WWF Raw and Wrestlemania (19?) and my N64 and No Mercy/NWO-WCW Revenge hooked up, but I really wish I could get those 'Cube wrasslin games!!

They also can't figure out to do hair, faces, crowds, rings, sound effects, animation, collision detection, qa testing, selling, commentary, etc.

Seriously, as well-stitched as NBA 2K16's commentary can be at times, I cannot imagine how they can't get these guys in the booth for 2 or 3 days and hammer out something that isn't embarrassing.

Arena atmosphere as well. I mean, during the matches there are hints of crowd swings and chants, but they are so infrequent and random that it surprises me when it works!

I like 2K16 to some degree but damn do I wish I had a Gamecube with those three wrestling games still hooked up. I have my OG XBox and WWF Raw and Wrestlemania (19?) and my N64 and No Mercy/NWO-WCW Revenge hooked up, but I really wish I could get those 'Cube wrasslin games!!

Trust me, the tiny investment in a gamecube is definitely worth it! Especially if you play couch multiplayer with friends and some alcohol and you are in for one fun fucking night. Nothing like having somebody in the middle of a move and doing a charge attack and everyone goes flying! I have an N64 in my closet and also have WCW/NWO Revenge which is also tons of fun. Hell I even really enjoyed the TNA Impact game with friends. I love that arcade feel.

Today's game is so sluggish and nothing ever goes smooth. Everyone pretty much has the same moves and reversals. Weapon sound effects are pure garbage (can barely hear the chair shots).

With all my bitching aside, I am still a huge wrestling fan and will probably split the price of this game with my bro if it goes on sale for black Friday. It is a small improvement over last year's.

How is the online experience on PS4? I'm worried that it might have a lot of lag. I'm really torn between the PS4 version and PS3 version since the PS3 has custom soundtracks. I NEED to have Brock Lesnar come out to Katamari Damacy music.

Seriously, as well-stitched as NBA 2K16's commentary can be at times, I cannot imagine how they can't get these guys in the booth for 2 or 3 days and hammer out something that isn't embarrassing.

Arena atmosphere as well. I mean, during the matches there are hints of crowd swings and chants, but they are so infrequent and random that it surprises me when it works!

THIS. Did JBL put any effort into his lines...at all? I almost think he did it so bad on purpose so he won't have to be bothered with it next year.

The arenas lack TONS of atmosphere. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Same arena with a new skin. How is Wrestlemania in the same size arena as a standard Smackdown or Raw? If they actually placed it in an outdoor stadium with tons of floor seating that would have been amazing. I think it was WWE 2k14 that had the outdoor tribute to the troops arena which I really liked.

I can't. I just can't. This game is the first game in a long time that has legitimately given me hardcore buyer's remorse and left me visibly raging at my television.

Where do I start? The game is just terrible, they should offer refunds for it. Any site that endorses this game or gives it a positive review should be shamed to eternity.

First off, the biggest thing, the targeting system does not work. At all. This makes any match other than a singles match broken. That simple. Game is broken. Should not have gone gold, should not have shipped, everyone that bought this should be given refunds. It's total junk.

Okay, now that I got that out. The online doesn't work half the time, either, but apparently people give the game a pass for that because the WWE 2K series is notorious for it. It boggles my mind.

I should never have made this a digital purchase. Now I'm stuck with this game forever. I feel like such a fool.

How is the online experience on PS4? I'm worried that it might have a lot of lag. I'm really torn between the PS4 version and PS3 version since the PS3 has custom soundtracks. I NEED to have Brock Lesnar come out to Katamari Damacy music.

There's no custom online music. There's no entrances online, either. Here's a bunch of stuff I found online;

- Game completely desynced playing 1v1 with a friend that was NAT type Open and less than 2 miles away. It's like we were doing netplay on a shoddy emulator for a retro game (this actually happened while playing Kega Fusion netplay or ZSNES, one of the two - I can't recall). We didn't even know until halfway through the match when he said how bad he was beating me, but both of us were on entirely different sides of the ring seeing totally different action.
- In a tornado elimination match, I pinned a player, then my character got stuck on him. I couldn't release the pin and he couldn't kick out - the ref wouldn't count. This eventually led to both opponents leaving and being replaced by AI. Teammate knocked down ref, jumped off turnbuckle, tried moving our player models, the ref still wouldn't count. Had to exit match.
- During AI warmup online and single player, all of my player names are mixed up. Am I the only one that has experienced this? I've closed the application and reopened it and it still occurs. Unless I'm mistaken and the name above is who you are targeting, but I dunno. Examples;
http://imgur.com/a/oA1Lz
During the Royal Rumble in the 2K mode as Austin, Billy Gunn is referred to as HHH from the commentators.
- Even with manual targeting enabled in options, manual targeting is atrocious and takes several attempts whilst standing still to take effect (most times it still won't properly target and seems totally random)
- It's common to accidentally hit your teammate with strikes and grapples during tornado tag because of the atrocious targeting. At one point, I accidentally pinned my partner and the ref got down to count.

Then you have the typical glitches, like a ladder against the ropes makes the ropes jiggle and bounce around with elasticity and defying physics like you're looking at a waveform frequency in an audio editor.

Honestly, one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. 4/10, hands down.

I can't. I just can't. This game is the first game in a long time that has legitimately given me hardcore buyer's remorse and left me visibly raging at my television.

Where do I start? The game is just terrible, they should offer refunds for it. Any site that endorses this game or gives it a positive review should be shamed to eternity.

First off, the biggest thing, the targeting system does not work. At all. This makes any match other than a singles match broken. That simple. Game is broken. Should not have gone gold, should not have shipped, everyone that bought this should be given refunds. It's total junk.

Okay, now that I got that out. The online doesn't work half the time, either, but apparently people give the game a pass for that because the WWE 2K series is notorious for it. It boggles my mind.

I should never have made this a digital purchase. Now I'm stuck with this game forever. I feel like such a fool.

You've just been Yuked. Targeting has been broken for years and makes it almost impossible to play anything other than 1 on 1. Forget about being in a 3 or 4 way match where every cpu opponent decides to go after you only and not the other cpu opponents.

So you can't set preferences for playing online? Like I can't set it up so I don't go up against anyone that's using a CAW?
Correct. You are forced to play against people with 100 overall CAW stats, there's no separation. On the plus side, you have a reason to play as Jimmy King 24/7 online - except you probably won't be able to connect half the time or games will lag out/disconnect.

You've just been Yuked. Targeting has been broken for years and makes it almost impossible to play anything other than 1 on 1. Forget about being in a 3 or 4 way match where every cpu opponent decides to go after you only and not the other cpu opponents.
Why isn't GAF out blasting this game on metacritic and gamerankings? Why do people buy this game, why is this not plastered all over the OP? It's disgusting that people find this game playable just because it's the annual wrestling game. The presentation is terrible! The only thing the games pulls off well is the 1:1 copying of what happened on the TV show in the scripted footage. But why would anyone buy the game to experience that? I feel like Frank Grimes in The Simpsons, like I'm the only one going insane.

I really feel like people should be boycotting this game and screaming at the top of WWE HQ of what an abomination it is.

Correct. You are forced to play against people with 100 overall CAW stats, there's no separation. On the plus side, you have a reason to play as Jimmy King 24/7 online - except you probably won't be able to connect half the time or games will lag out/disconnect.

Why isn't GAF out blasting this game on metacritic and gamerankings? Why do people buy this game, why is this not plastered all over the OP? It's disgusting that people find this game playable just because it's the annual wrestling game. The presentation is terrible! The only thing the games pulls off well is the 1:1 copying of what happened on the TV show in the scripted footage. But why would anyone buy the game to experience that? I feel like Frank Grimes in The Simpsons, like I'm the only one going insane.

I really feel like people should be boycotting this game and screaming at the top of WWE HQ of what an abomination it is.

The actual WWE is also horrible and the fans keep watching every week, and much like that, the game is also horrible and the fans keep buying it just because there are no other options for a wrestling game. Most people know the games are horrible or just have lowered expectations so far that anything will appease them on a yearly basis. Also the larger game media sites are crap and gives this game a 8-10 every year so they don't piss off the publisher.

-edit- Metacritic is also full of employees that work for the publisher that go and give 10s to the games.

I feel the same exact way. I sadly don't think anything is going to change. I need my wrestling fix, but I can't see paying over $20-$30 for this garbage. I really wish we had multiple wrestling games come out like in the past :(

Found a new bug for me at least. Me and my brother were playing an ironman match and we were beating each other to hell. When he goes to pin me later on in the match I use the rope break feature but the ref doesn't see it so he gets the 3 count, but then after the 3 count he continues laying on me and then the ref starts his 3 count again and I have no option to kick out or anything so he got an extra pin on me.

The actual WWE is also horrible and the fans keep watching every week, and much like that, the game is also horrible and the fans keep buying it just because there are no other options for a wrestling game. Most people know the games are horrible or just have lowered expectations so far that anything will appease them on a yearly basis. Also the larger game media sites are crap and gives this game a 8-10 every year so they don't piss off the publisher.

-edit- Metacritic is also full of employees that work for the publisher that go and give 10s to the games.

The ratings are finally starting to drop into new lows, so maybe they will have to up their game. I don't understand why it's so hard to put on a decent product. The shit they put out for Raw is horrendous. Vince needs to retire.

The ratings are finally starting to drop into new lows, so maybe they will have to up their game. I don't understand why it's so hard to put on a decent product. The shit they put out for Raw is horrendous. Vince needs to retire.

I dunno why people still enjoy the product, but I realize it still thrives mostly because of the younger audience and t-shirt sales. I doubt it will change.

As for the game, it blows my mind that game sites are holding off reviews just because they don't want to step on the toes of publishers. This game is as bad as the new Tony Hawk. How is this a thing? It makes me want to stop playing videogames altogether - I barely already do as it is.

Ah well, maybe some day PWX will become a reality and finally become a playable product that poops on these mainstream jokes of games or they'll bring back the PSX/PS2 Smackdown series.

Top Bottom