• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Day of Reckoning IGN review

Memles

How did the Wrestlemania titles sell, anyways, in comparison to the Smackdown titles? And RAW? Do we have sales numbers for these?

AniHawk

Li Mu Bai said:
Is this opinion Ani, or vague numerical remembrance?

Numerical remembrance. I remember when XIX came out, RAW 2 beat it for the month. I think I saw Gahiggidy or someone have LTD numbers for both games, and X8 was below 200,000, and XIX was the same, while RAW and RAW 2 had performed better.

Smackdown's always been king this gen though.

Memles

AniHawk said:
Numerical remembrance. I remember when XIX came out, RAW 2 beat it for the month. I think I saw Gahiggidy or someone have LTD numbers for both games, and X8 was below 200,000, and XIX was the same, while RAW and RAW 2 had performed better.

Smackdown's always been king this gen though.

That much I expected...still, Raw being higher is sickening. They built a huge fanbase with the AKi titles, and for the next Nintendo system it ends up behind a crappy new game series because it's nothing but a crappier version off Smackdown. Sigh.

AniHawk

Memles said:
That much I expected...still, Raw being higher is sickening. They built a huge fanbase with the AKi titles, and for the next Nintendo system it ends up behind a crappy new game series because it's nothing but a crappier version off Smackdown. Sigh.

Yeah, that's what's kept me from buying any wrestling games this gen. DoR might get a purchase if it receives similar reviews though (to the IGN reveiw).

And I didn't know X8 sold THAT well. I think it was at 180,000 in November 2002.

Memles

AniHawk said:
Yeah, that's what's kept me from buying any wrestling games this gen. DoR might get a purchase if it receives similar reviews though (to the IGN reveiw).

And I didn't know X8 sold THAT well. I think it was at 180,000 in November 2002.

Not that WMX8 deserved that much, even. What a crapfest.

Bog

Junior Ace
The problem with DoR is that it doesn't have the replay value of Smackdown. In SD, I played through about 6 years of season mode and never got bored. The story mode in DoR is so scripted and linear that after one play through, I'm pretty much done. I'll probably check out the Smackdown side of the story mode at some point, but I'm in no rush.

Top Bottom