• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE: SD v Raw Legends INTROS!

have only seen brets so far and it kicks ass

he has

Bret Hart
+His theme music
+custom into the ring animation
+ in ring taunts
+goes outside and gives away his GLASSES!!!!

more to come!

Brets Intro

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, all the intros for and gameplay vids are up for everyone. Andre the giant is awesome in this game. One things for sure, the IGN guys suck at this game, I hope I get to kick thier asses online.

Look out for my CAW's online, you will be owned! My guys are veterans! They've been in every wrestling game from WM2000 to Firepro!

Agent X

That Bret Hart intro just ruled the world. If you consider yourself a professional wrestling fan, you must see it.

Rocks Intro

-Sits with a WWE logo on screen for like 10 seconds (missing titan tron?)
+old rock look (little mini fro, no arm tats)
+old rock song (IF YOU SMELL...WHAT THE ROCK...IS COOKING, *with alotta base*, and "The Rock says.." looped over and over "Know your damn role")

Rocks Intro

Andre The Giant

+No Music (he never had any!)
+Custom walk (seems very slow and...bow legged big manish)
+Simple, but something andre would have done (IE nothing flashy fits him fine)

Andre Intro

You know, this game doesn't look half bad. I watched Andre's videos and was impressed. For the most part, the moves were spot on. He had a few he didn't use, and his finisher was wrong. But, he had allot of stuff he used and I liked seeing the test of strength grapples. He does look a little too buff, and he reminds me of a gorilla when he walks...but hey, its a video game.

I'md ling other videos now. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Holy shit @ Undertakers entrance from the wrestlemania with Kane! Awesome!!!!

Kane
+Old suit, long hair, masked
= Same walk, music as new kane, no tron

Kanes intro (near bottom)

Old Undertaker
+The older grey undertaker!
=Same music as when he was purple/current taker/no tron
=same intro/animations

Undertaker Intro

Mankind
+custom ring walk /animations (has that kinda twichty/spooked head movement look he had early on)
+has mankind theme music!
+custom in ring animations
-Sits on wwe logo like rocks (are they adding in select legends trons or something? seems weird to have sit like that on a logo)

Mankinds Intro

Brutus The Barber Beefcake
+++++HAS THEME MUSIC!!! (holy crap that was digging deep in the wwF archives)
+ walks to the ring like a physcho path chopping with his hedge clippers!
- No ring robe however

Brutus Intro

I'm fucking buying this shit. The Mankind/UT figt videos were decent and I just saw Brutus fucking Beefcake is in the game...this is MINE.

Hawk & Animal
+ THEME MUSIC!
+shoulder pads!

Hawk & Animal intros

Rowdy Roddy Piper
+Theme Music
+Kilt/Hot Rod shirt
-Face model looks a little off but alright

Roddys intro (near bottom)

Superfly Jimmy Snuka
-Generic theme (it says supa supa supafly but its not his real theme, its like generic we remixed it)
+good attire
*weakest off all character intros IMO

Snuka Intro

all in all these legend intros are MILES better than last years and even DOR's (which i thought were kinda half assed)

with full theme songs, entrance animations, and attires im glad they put them in! :D

LakeEarth

See, this is just proof they half ass the GC ports. None of the legends got their music in Day of Reckoning!

EDIT - then again, when you said Mankind's theme music, I thought you meant the old one. I hated the new one.

Neo_ZX

Do they have modern Rock in there as well? I wonder if they'll finally get Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle right. They've never looked anything like the real thing.

Shinobi

I fear Bret Hart's intro. Only thing missing is the spin he does right after he climbs through the ropes, and the Hitman name and skull on his jacket (hope that can be edited on). I'm really looking forward to this game...gonna create Hart Foundation 3, throw myself in there along with Anvil, Benoit and either Lance Storm or Jimmy Hart, and kick Evolution's ass all over the ring.

evil ways

Bog said:
It's unfortunate that the season mode isn't so hot.

Fuck that, Create a PPV and Create a Belt(which you can defend on PPVs against other people) makes up for that.

The only reason I played through Season and put up with all the shitty storylines and cutscenes in previous was to change and update the current champions and unlock things, but now that there's Create A PPV, I can honestly say I'll probably never play Season unless you have to unlock stuff in it.

BTW LOD's theme is incorrect, at least for the gimmick. They seem to have their crappy LOD2000 theme even though they are using their regular, original gimmick in the game. Also Piper's is a generic scottish sounding tune, I wish they would've used the real WWF one.

Bog

Junior Ace
I was really disappointed when I heard Snuka's theme, since I figured they'd just done generic themes for everyone again. I went nuts though when I unlocked Brutus and heard that theme. Easily one of my favorite WWF themes ever.

Docpan

Is the season mode at least as good as HCTP? Because I thought that was excellent.

Oh, and I'm so getting this.

Bog

Junior Ace
I don't think so. First off, I was big into customizing my seasons in last year's, and from what I can tell so far, you can't do that in this year's due to the voice acting. Certain characters are in certain situations every time. There's no roster customization prior to the season (meaning no heel/face setup either) either. Oh, and you also can't use Legends in any way in Season mode.

see I really dont think tha VA for season was needed

like u said it makes "hot swapping" the characters in the different storylines next to impossible

Shinobi said:
I fear Bret Hart's intro. Only thing missing is the spin he does right after he climbs through the ropes, and the Hitman name and skull on his jacket (hope that can be edited on).
I would hope this animation is added when he holds the belt. Otherwise, I'll be upset... And the movesets will be heavily updated by me, heh. All these crazy ass moves he never did are in the gameplay videos.

No JYD, Ultimate Warrior, Biff. Although I want to try to create Demolition, and have the ultimate tag-team battle of all time, Road Warriors, not LOD, vs. Demolition!

Thanks for the info, Wasabi. I know this game is known for its creation mode, so hopefully those 80/90's guys will be created easily.

I hear you about Demolition, they were great.

Thanks Bog.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the roster is very limited, but it seems like they worked harder to make everyone more induvidual. Thats why theres no generic entrances for any wrestler in the game, and everyone has at least 2 moves specifically made for htem, even obscure guys like Chuck Polumbo and Garrison Cade. Really, I dont mind having to make a guy who isnt in the game. Persoanally, I plan on making a few indy and Japan wrestlers.

Bog said:
The entire roster's pretty bad. It's missing a ton of guys.

You know if the wwe continues on it current trends id take a "retro" smackdown game anyday

imagine if wwe made its own "Legends of Wrestling Game"

i mean they own the rights to EVERYTHING (media wise some character names may have cost)

:)

Zombie, now more than ever that actually could eb a reality. With Acclaim out of business, and no one picking up the Legends of Wrestling franchise, I wouldn't mind seeing THQ sweep in and use it for a mid season game... Put it out in the Spring while Smackdown hits in the fall.

Of course with the lawsuit WWE filed against THQ, there may not be another Smackdown game.

Top Bottom